VariQ, a leader in innovative IT solutions and professional services for federal clients, is seeking motivated IT professionals like you who are eager to contribute to our critical Homeland Security missions. For the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), Student Exchange Visitor Information System (SEVIS)
, VariQ anticipates performing software development and application enhancements on this O&M contract using Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) and DevSecOps processes. VariQ is excited to offer you a unique opportunity to join a SAFe Agile release planning team implementing CI/CD pipeline to support one our nation's most critical homeland missions - the storage and processing of student and exchange visitor information for national security, law enforcement, immigration and border management, intelligence, background investigations, and associated testing, training, management reporting, planning and analysis.
VariQ is seeking a highly motivated MuleSoft Developer
to join our growing team to develop, support, and modernize mission-critical applications for our DHS customer. Additional Information:
- Location: Remote (at least through Labor Day); afterwards, Rockville MD or Tyson's Corner, VA
- Available: Within 30 days; subject to completing clearance process
- Salary: Dependent upon experience
- Security Clearance: Must be a US Citizen and have or are able to obtain a DHS Public Trust
- Managing the complete software development process from conception to deployment in an Agile environment
- Maintaining and upgrading the software following deployment in a cloud environment
- Managing the end-to-end life cycle for the production of software and applications
- Support the automated testing and providing feedback to team leadership during the development process
- Support the application migration to the AWS Cloud
- Modifying and testing changes to previously developed programs
- Support both DevOps and New Feature development
- Document and maintain software functionality
- Troubleshoot, debug and upgrade existing systems
- Write well designed testable code
Desired Skills and Tools Experience
- 5-7 years' experience as a Software Engineer or Software Developer with 3 years' experience with test-driven development
- 3-5 years' experience in Mule ESB development (3.7v & 3.8v, 4 is preferred), Mule ESB administration and Mule API management (API GW 1.x, 2.x,3.8, 4 preferred) Cloud Hub.
- Experience upgrading and refactoring code in a 3.xv to 4.xv upgrade
- Strong knowledge in Mule 4 ESB & API Development.
- Experience in building Mule ESB & API management platform for organizations in Hybrid and Cloud hub.
- Strong analytical and creative problem-solving skills
- Willingness to grow skills and capabilities
- Excellent communication skills
- Active MuleSoft Certifications
Experience developing and delivering at DHS is preferredOTHER DUTIES
- Databases: Oracle RDBMS, Mongo DB
- Languages and Frameworks: Java, Java EE, Spring
- Front-end: JSP, Angular, Thymeleaf
- Testing: MUnit, JUNIT, Selenium, Cucumber
- Containers: Docker, Kubernetes
- Git version control
- Java with Spring MVC/REST/Data/Boot/Security, Junit and JPA
- Jenkins CI/CD
- Java Applications servers (Tomcat/Jboss/etc)
- SQL and PL/SQL
- Microservice architecture
- Experience developing in a SaFe Agile environment
- Experience with message queueing design patterns experience across various Integration patterns - API, Real time Integration, Event broker / Advanced messaging
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
- This job description is not designed to cover a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities are subject to change at any time. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these functions.
- While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands or fingers, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, sit, and reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.
- All duties and responsibilities are essential functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an "at will" relationship.
VariQ is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other protected class. We consider diversity and inclusiveness to be core to our culture, and central to our commitment to fostering an empowering and supportive workplace.