Sierra-Cedar is a consulting firm that provides innovative enterprise solutions both in the Cloud and on premise related to ERP, CRM, HCM, integration/APIs, business intelligence, and even hosting and remote services. We are continually building on an established track record of success with customers in multiple industries. The Sierra-Cedar Integration and Cloud Solutions (ICS) team provides great opportunities to enhance your skills in an environment that emphasizes creativity, sharing, teamwork, professionalism, and outstanding customer service. You will be exposed to some of the most forward-thinking customers and dynamic project environments as well as the newest technology and practices to help drive business value.
Sierra-Cedar's ICS group focuses on helping our customers meet business goals associated with Digital Transformation, Technology Modernization, and Enterprise Connectivity. Our consultants include Architects, Developers, and Analysts who all play a vital role in the process of creating a strategy and then helping make that strategy a reality through implementation services. We are currently looking for Architects with hands-on experience in MuleSoft’s Anypoint Platform. Responsibilities will include delivering customer strategy workshops, educating customers and prospects on integration and API concepts, mapping business needs to technology initiatives, architecting enterprise integration solutions, mentoring junior level resources, participating in industry communities and events, and helping with implementation tasks including development, testing, deployment, and transition to clients. Experience with other integration tools such as Oracle, Red Hat (JBoss), Tibco, etc. is a plus, and the opportunity to learn additional products within the service offerings at Sierra-Cedar (such as Splunk, Salesforce.com, etc.) will be available. We take a very proactive approach in educating our clients and the community, so comfort with presentations or client mentoring is important. Aside from the technical know-how, we look for individuals who are bright, driven, technically savvy, eager to learn, comfortable interacting directly with clients, and able to be productive both independently and within a team. If this sounds like you, we want to hear from you!
- Play a lead role within the ICS practice to help promote, implement, and educate the team on topics related to API-based initiatives, architectures, and industry trends
- Maintain strong hands-on skills with MuleSoft Anypoint Platform and stay current on MuleSoft products, strategies, and good practices by maintaining relationships with the MuleSoft product teams, interacting regularly with the overall MuleSoft community, and proactively pursuing training opportunities as needed
- Engage on client projects as a trusted advisor and architect to address client questions, make architecture recommendations, educate client team, and support the delivery team on the project
- Assist with solution planning for new clients and translate business requirements into a technical approach that utilities strong design and development patterns and frameworks
- Apply API-led connectivity concepts to business initiatives to help organizations achieve goals with APIs
- Oversee all phases of the development life cycle on client engagements, including requirements gathering, design, development, testing, deployment, transition, and support
- Help manage the technical scope on engagements to prevent scope creep and deviation from contract
- Follow good practices and project guidelines in all cases including the use of source code control, automated testing and deployment approaches, test-case-based development, and proper documentation practices
- Continue to develop professional and technical knowledge by working with other team members, attending workshops and webinars, reading industry publications, and participating in technology communities
- Represent Sierra-Cedar with integrity and professionalism at all times
- A minimum of 5 years leading technology teams in development efforts that are governed by timeline, scope, and budget
- A minimum of 3 years of hands-on-experience architecting and delivering solutions related to enterprise integration, APIs, service-oriented architecture, and technology modernizations
- A minimum of 1 year hands-on experience with the MuleSoft Anypoint Platform (on premise or CloudHub, but prefer exposure to both)
- Ability to translate business requirements into a comprehensive, well-formed technical design
- Excellent written and verbal skills are essential. The candidate must possess the ability to speak intelligently to client teams to educate them on concepts related to MuleSoft or general API-led integration
- Excellent troubleshooting skills with the ability to analyze and resolve difficult problems quickly. Ability to methodically step through problems to understand where the problem originates and how to best resolve it
- Understanding of architectural concepts for MuleSoft implementations including encryption, security, logging, throttling, scalability, clustering, and securing solutions
- Experience with continuous integration and test tools such as Maven and Hudson in a Java/SOA environment
- Experience working with source code control systems
- Competency within UNIX and Linux environments for general SOA troubleshooting and OS navigation
- Strong understanding of common business processes that will be the foundation of many solutions
- Experience working closely with business users and helping them make critical decisions that will influence the solution by explaining options, concepts and best practices
- Understanding of project priorities, timelines, budget, and deliverables and the need to proactively push yourself and others to achieve project goals
- Strong consulting skills to work in a professional manner with customer IT and business users
- Ability to take “total ownership” of assignments to resolve issues and drive them to completion
- Experience with integration between common applications such as E-Business Suite, Salesforce.com, PeopleSoft, SAP, Workday, Taleo, etc.
- MuleSoft Certifications
- TOGAF or related certifications
- Experience working in an Agile methodology
- Scrum knowledge/experience a plus
- Exposure to MDM, ETL, and ELT
- Exposure to other integration platforms such as Dell Boomie, WSO2, Informatica, Tibco, Jitterbit, Cast Iron, WebMethods, Oracle SOA Suite, etc.
- Clear, effective, and timely communication with customers, team members, and Sierra-Cedar management
- Ability to contribute to team and project success by developing innovative, reusable, and flexible solutions
- Strong attention to detail around business process design and process improvement
- Ability to identify customer changes to scope or other project issues and escalating that to management
- Sense of pride in all interaction and deliverable with client and team members
This position requires travel based on client requirements, but the goal is to minimize travel where possible. Travel for the architect is generally at 60-75%, but could go up to 100% for a given project. Typical travel plans accommodate four 10-hour days on site, and most clients are open to splitting up travel with remote work. When not working on site, consultants work from home or from a Sierra-Cedar office. Sierra-Cedar has offices in Denver, Alpharetta, and Phoenix.
Sierra-Cedar delivers industry-focused client solutions including deployment, management, and optimization of enterprise applications and technology. We offer a competitive benefits package including 401(k), Health, Disability, and Life. Sierra-Cedar is an Equal Opportunity Employer.