Join a dynamic multimedia production team, helping to redefine USG messaging for the future. SAIC is seeking an experienced IT professional to join their creative team.
Work in a fast-paced multimedia production environment, providing systems administration and engineering support to the studio IT enterprise. You will be responsible for multimedia system design, technical installation, set-up, troubleshooting, and maintenance. You should be well-versed in the latest technologies, including: Mac and PC based media production systems and software; video and audio production equipment; IT security standards and protocols. Collaborate with excellence by working with the best in the business. This position is located in Chantilly, VA. An active TS/SCI clearance is required.
Job responsibilities include:
- Provide systems engineering and administration support to multimedia production systems, printers, scanners, displays, projectors, digital drawing tablets, portable drives and RAID arrays, audio mixers and interfaces, other system attached peripherals
- Design and plan configuration, deployment, and integration of A/V and IT solutions
- Evaluate, install, and maintain new and current software on studio systems
- Maintain AR/VR systems and gaming technologies including headsets, goggles, and motion simulators
- Provide guidance and recommendations on acquisition and integration of new hardware and software into existing systems
- Update and maintain technical system documentation, hardware/software inventories, system configuration drawings
- Maintain system compliance with security protocols including system updates, scans, and hardening
- Support and maintain backup and recovery systems including RAID storage, disk archive storage, and offline archives
- Coordinate and provide preventative maintenance for media production systems
- Coordinate and manage maintenance and repair of A/V production equipment with vendors and manufacturers
- Manage and maintain user accounts and permissions on a variety of systems including PC/MAC, SharePoint, email distribution lists, share folders, online software subscriptions.
- Selected candidate must have an ACTIVE TS/SCI with polygraph
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in computer science, computer engineering, or related field
- Minimum of 6 years professional experience
- Experience with systems administration focused on multimedia production environments
- Experience with engineering and maintenance of multimedia production hardware
- Experience with installation, configuration, and O&M of multimedia production software, including installing and maintaining a large array of complex plugins
- Experience with Mac and PC Operating Systems
- Must be highly motivated, and able to work well alone and as part of a team
- Ability to prioritize and address multiple, concurrent requirements
- Ability to problem-solve in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Ability to research, learn, and provide insight on new and cutting-edge technologies
- Excellent communication (written and verbal), and organizational skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
My SAIC Benefits.