Our North Suburban Chicago client has an immediately opening for a MySQL/MariaDB Database Administrator (DBA).
This is an in-office role located at their Libertyville Office and is not remote.
As this is a Direct Hire position, we cannot work with 3rd parties, candidates seeking C2C opportunities or any candidate that currently, or at any time in the future, requirement employment sponsorship.
In addition, must be comfortable contributing/working in an entrepreneurial, fast-paced and fun work environment.
- Manage databases MySQL and/or MariaDB Server Administration experience through multiple product lifecycle environments, from development to production systems.
- Configure and maintain database servers and processes, including monitoring of system health and performance, to ensure high levels of performance, availability, and security.
- Independently analyze, solve, and correct issues in real-time, providing problem resolution end-to-end.
- Refine and automate regular processes, track issues, and document changes
- Assist developers with query tuning and schema refinement.
- Maintain and assist with other production databases SQL Server, Oracle…
- Provide technical mentorship and cross-training to other peers and team members.
- 3+ years of MySQL or MariaDB Server Administration experience required
- Experience with Performance Tuning and Optimization tools
- Experience with backups restores and recovery models
- Advanced troubleshooting skills to drive to the root cause.
Client Benefits include:
- Medical/Dental (Blue Cross and Blue Shield PPO Network) & Vision (VSP)
- 401(k) (Charles Schwab) which includes a matching program
- Life & Disability insurance (Lincoln Financial)
- Generous Paid Time Off/Sick Pay Program
- Continued training & career development
Our client offers an attractive compensation package that includes time and one-half pay ("overtime") for hours worked in excess of 40 during any work week. They also offer a bonus that is paid quarterly.