We're unique. You should be, too.
We're changing lives every day. For both our patients and our team members. Are you innovative and entrepreneurial minded? Is your work ethic and ambition off the charts? Do you inspire others with your kindness and joy?
We're different than most primary care providers. We're rapidly expanding and we need great people to join our team.
The MySQL Database Engineer will be responsible for analyzing business requests and developing/programming stored procedures, complex report structures, and performing database design using various database tools, within SQL Server and MySQL. Emphasis will be placed on defining the database migration process from the development system all the way to production as well as maintaining a secure and accurate data environment, and ensuring proper access to Reporting Services.ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES:
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Active in all phases of system development; planning and analysis, design, development, and testing.
- Provides architectural/database technical expertise to team concerning methods, procedures, and standards to be used during design and development phases.
- Maintains application performance and scalability; focus on performance tuning SQL queries, table design, indexing, query plan analysis and SQL refactoring.
- Develops and maintains technical documentation and operational procedures for areas of responsibility.
- Investigates and fixes defects; pre and post-release.
- Worked with DDL/DML auditing (3rd party or native tools).
- Implements and maintains at rest or in-transit database encryption methodologies based of HIPAA requirements/needs.
- Prepares and deploys complex schema updates, data migration and ETL scripts.
- Follows and contributes to team standards and utilizes industry best practices.
- Works closely with the DBA to help ensure the proper health of the database system.
- At least three years experience in MySQL (Hard Requirement)
- Good experience in Linux. (Hard Requirement)
- Experience with AWS RDS (Hard Requirement)
- Bonus: Experience with MS SQL
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, to include listening, verbal and written skills.
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to work under time pressure and handle multiple projects at a time.
- Problem resolution experience requires strong analytical skills, sound judgment and ability to work effectively with client and other technical staff.
Other responsibilities may include:
- Bachelor's degree in Management Information System, Computer Science or Engineering, OR additional experience above the minimum will be considered in lieu of the required education on a year-for-year basis required
- Three (3) to five (5) years of designing databases using MySQL
- High Availability, Integration Services, Reporting Services, Analysis Services, Service Broker
- Helps develop new database code, and improve existing database code.
- Automates operational / maintenance tasks.
- Identifies useful and new database features; discusses with the existing database team and implements them.
- Assists Engineers on efficient use of database technologies and features.
- Takes code ownership of areas like loading data from external systems through SSIS, Procedural Logic, and understanding of core relational concepts.
- Modularizes database features.
- Assists in performance tuning and make optimization suggestions to the team.
- Takes part in code reviews and offers up solutions to problems, with reasoning to back up the proposed solution.
- Other duties as assigned and modified at manager's discretion.
We're ChenMed and we're transforming healthcare for seniors and changing America's healthcare for the better. Family-owned and physician-led, our unique approach allows us to improve the health and well-being of the populations we serve. We're growing rapidly as we seek to rescue more and more seniors from inadequate health care.
ChenMed is changing lives for the people we serve and the people we hire. With great compensation, comprehensive benefits, career development and advancement opportunities and so much more, our employees enjoy great work-life balance and opportunities to grow. Join our team who make a difference in people's lives every single day.