Ultimate Software continues to invest in a modern, vibrantly growing technology portfolio. MySQL & MariaDB are among our core database technologies that warrants expert level knowledge to our development organization. This expert will bring principle level guidance for technology use, operational configuration for development and production utilization, functional understanding of best practices, participate in the enterprise architecture & development communities and provide support for the platform. This new role will join a centralized team with other technology experts to ensure the technical and procedural alignment of our technology strategy, vision, architecture & operations throughout our SDLC. This position is available in Fort Lauderdale FL, Atlanta GA, and Toronto CAN.
Here at Ultimate Software, we truly put our people first. We strongly believe in teamwork, and we encourage and trust our people to reach higher, learn more, and live up to their potential. Ultimate is ranked #1 on Fortune's Best Places to Work in Technology for 2019 and #8 on the 100 Best Companies to Work For list in 2019. Ultimate is also ranked #1 on Fortune’s 75 Best Workplaces for Women and #5 on its Best Workplaces for Diversity list.Primary/Essential Duties and Key Responsibilities:
- Guide at all levels of MySQL/MariaDB use including operational configuration for both development and production utilization, recommendation of fitness of MySQL/MariaDB to particular tasks, enterprise wide best practices, leadership regarding participation and evolution of our enterprise architecture & development communities. .
- Ensure alignment of technologies with Enterprise Architecture, Development SDLC and Operational capabilities
- 5 years experience with Enterprise Database architecture, specializing in MySQL/MariaDB including participation in the alignment of multi-technology stacks and partnering with Enterprise Architecture, Development SDLC and Operational capabilities
- Thorough understanding of the platform’s trends and complimentary ecosystem
- Socialize information on the technology platform within the Development and Operational communities
- Define technology strategy and roadmap of the data platform
- Collaborate with Architecture colleagues for best practices for implementing our SDP based on identified use cases and required integration patterns
- Accelerate our adoption of the MySQL/MariaDB ecosystem by standardizing and scaling our solitary, managed service and cloud deployments
- Partner with our Application Health team to explore real-time, predictive analytics and machine learning on operational and business data captured on the SDP
- Mentor existing DevOps and DBA team members by imparting expert knowledge to scale higher levels of technology competence for solutions using the platform
- Provide leadership and expertise in the establishing of standards, architectural governance, design patterns, and practices
- Seasoned database expert with extensive, well-rounded background in a diverse set of relational database solutions (commercial, open source, in-house) with in-depth understanding of architectures and capabilities of such solutions. Examples: MySQL, MariaDB, SQL Server
- Ninja level MySQL/MariaDB database expert with extensive, well-rounded background in a diverse set of relational database solutions (commercial, open source, in-house) with in-depth understanding of architectures and capabilities of such solutions.
- Established track record with MySQL or MariaDB technology [administration, configuration, and troubleshooting], with hands-on production experience and a deep understanding of the architecture and internals of how it works, along with interplay of architectural components: non relational database and No SQL solutions.
- Familiar with automated testing methods
- Comfortable operating in an agile delivery model
- Proficient programming with scripting (python, bash, ruby, etc…)
- Typically requires a Bachelor’s degree in a Technical discipline and a minimum of 8+ years of related experience, or a Master’s degree and 6+ years of equivalent industry experience, or a PhD and 3+ years of experience. (or equivalent job experience)
- Limited upon request with adequate notice
- International travel may be necessary
This job description has been written to provide an accurate reflection of the current job and to include the general nature of work performed. It is not designed to contain a comprehensive detailed inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of the employees assigned to the job. Management reserves the right to revise the job or require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change.
Ultimate Software will reasonably accommodate employees with disabilities as defined by the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and other appropriate statutes. If you are an applicant and need a reasonable accommodation when applying for job opportunities within the Company or request a reasonable accommodation to utilize the Company’s online employment application, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.