Job ID: 2114078 Location:
HUNTSVILLE , AL , US Date Posted:
Yes, 10 % of the TimeMinimum Clearance Required:
NoneClearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain:
Public TrustPotential for Remote Work:
SAIC has an immediate need for a Principle Network Engineer to support the NASA Integrated Communications Services (NICS) contract at NASA's Marshall Space Center in Huntsville, Al. The NICS contract provides high quality integrated communications services for secure voice, video and data solutions and services to NASA customers worldwide. This position will be in support the Wide Area Network Engineering group supporting the NASA Communications Program Network.
Job Responsibilities will include:
- Wide Area Network designs.
- Configuration of multi vendor/multi protocol IT platforms such as Cisco and Juniper.
- Provide testing, validation, and documentation of network architectures.
- Configurations of routers, firewalls, switches, network management tools and other information technology products.
- Develop cost estimates and detailed designs for corporate voice, corporate custom, and corporate dedicated and routed data services.
- Candidate must provide technical leadership to project teams in design, testing and validation and implementation of corporate and enterprise Wide and Local Area Network services and syste ms.
- Other duties will include technical design reviews.
BS Degree in related field with 9 years of related experience or
High School Diploma and 13 years of related experience. Required Skills:
- Good oral and written skills and be able to present technical information in formal presentations to both internal and external customers.
- The candidate must have a concrete working knowledge of WAN technologies and protocols with emphasis on the Juniper and Cisco product lines.
- Candidate must have hands on experience writing configs for both Juniper and Cisco platforms such as switches, routers and firewalls.
- Working knowledge of both WAN and LAN protocols and technologies with emphasis on WAN
- Working knowledge of WAN routing protocols BGP, OSPF, EIGRP, IGRP.
- JNCIA CCNA and/or JNCNP or CCNP certifications are preferred. Certifications may be waived in lieu of experience as long as certifications can be obtained at some point post employment.
- Working knowledge of routed data layer 2 & 3 protocols, multicast, cloud services, and multi vendor hardware platforms are preferred. Cisco certifications preferred but not required.
- A good working knowledge of Python is desired.
- A working knowledge of Juniper's WANDL network management tool is desired.
Certifications / Training:
- Must possess or be able to obtain a public trust clearance.
Desired Certifications / Training:
- CCNA certification required
Travel (if any):
- JNCIA, JNCNP and/or CCNP certification desired
- Travel required is 10% or less total
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees will be required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Customer site vaccination requirements, if more strict, will take precedence over SAIC's vaccination policy.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com .
My SAIC Benefits.