Job ID: 2111695 Location:
HUNTSVILLE , AL , US Date Posted:
Yes, 10 % of the TimeMinimum Clearance Required:
SecretClearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain:
TS/SCIPotential for Remote Work:
NoDescription Job Description:
SAIC has an immediate opportunity for a Systems Administrator on the NASA National Security Systems Team (NSS) at Marshall Space Flight Center in Huntsville, AL. This position requires a Secret Clearance, with the ability to obtain a Top Secret/SCI.
- Work independently with general direction and as a team member under the direction of the lead system engineer
- Responsible for the maintenance, configuration, and reliable operation of computer systems, network servers, and virtualization
- Troubleshoot hardware and software errors by running diagnostics, documenting problems and resolutions, prioritizing problems, and assessing impact of issues
- Install and upgrade computer components and software, manage virtual servers, and integrate automation processes
- Provide timely response and support during scheduled and authorized non-business hours to ensure continuity of services to the network environment
- Configuring and maintaining the networked computer system, including hardware, system software, and applications
- Diagnosing and resolving hardware, software, networking, and system issues when they arise
- Replacing and upgrading defective or outdated components when necessary
- System monitoring and maintenance including configuration & security management, patching, automation, hardening and system upgrades
- Perform daily, weekly, monthly, and annual operational maintenance, support, and software upgrades for Windows Server, CentOS servers, and Windows 10 workstations
- Manage multiple servers comprising multiple virtual machines (VMs) using VMware's ESXi hypervisor, vSphere client VM manager, and vCenter system manager
- Performs complex software installations and upgrades to the operating systems, system services, application support packages, and application programs for Windows, Linux, and other software product deliverables
- Ensure system and application data recoverability by maintaining a schedule of system backups, database archives, and restoration operations
- Provide quick reaction support to the Operations team and the NASA customer to identify, troubleshoot, and resolve system problems
- Work with the engineering team to ensure system and application data integrity by evaluating, implementing, and managing appropriate software and hardware solutions
- Work with the engineering team to plan, implement, and test upgrades to the system hardware and software
- Work with the IA team on security vulnerability and compliance scanning of the system servers and workstations as required under a DoD Authority to Operate (ATO)
- Work with the IA team to maintain a Risk Management Framework (RMF) posture and participate in the RMF activities required to achieve and maintain an ATO
- Executes and promotes standard operating procedures and schedules
- Conducts hardware and software audits of servers, workstations, and mobile devices to ensure compliance with established standards, policies, and configuration guidelines
- Successful candidate will be able to perform day-to-day maintenance, operations, and support for enterprise level operating systems, zero clients and servers
- Utilize system-analyzing appliances to implement changes to optimize system performance, maximize system uptime, and mitigate actual or perceived threats to production systems
- Bachelors and two (2) years or more experience; Masters and zero (0) years or more related experience; (can substitute 2 years of experience in lieu of degree)
- Active Secret clearance. Must be able to obtain a Top Secret/SCI clearance.
- 2 years' experience in Windows server and workstation system administration including Windows Server 2012 and 2016.
- 1 year experience in VMware virtual machines, services, and tools.
- Experience in the interpretation of IA vulnerability and compliance and scan reports and the implementation of Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs) to remove vulnerabilities for IA compliance.
- Experience with the Risk Management Framework (RMF) process and compliance with an Authority to Operate (ATO)
- Experience in server architectures, storage architectures, virtualization, monitoring tools, backup/restore, performance tuning/capacity planning, documentation, server management
- Demonstrated excellent interpersonal and oral/written communication skills for effective interaction with customers and co-workers
- Security+ CE, MCSA, MCSE, VM Certifications
- Experience with the Java runtime environment and the Java programming language and tools on Linux and Windows platforms
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees will be required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Customer site vaccination requirements, if more strict, will take precedence over SAIC's vaccination policy.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com .
My SAIC Benefits.