Montefiore IT has the team, technology, and tools to take your career to a new level!
Montefiore, the University Hospital for Albert Einstein College of Medicine, is one of healthcare-s most wired hospitals, widely recognized by the Hospitals & Health Networks' 15th annual Most Wired Survey for our adoption of technology to support clinical care and patient safety and privacy, infrastructure, business and administrative management, and the continuum of care.
Our experts deploy new technologies, define new business processes and provide stakeholders across the institution with the resources needed to meet their most difficult challenges. As a Montefiore IT employee, you-ll have ample opportunities to transform patient care, improve health outcomes and gain insight into the technical workings of one of the nation-s top academic medical centers.
Whether you are implementing clinical or revenue cycle solutions or providing critical infrastructure support, our goal is to guide you and your career to the height of healthcare IT excellence.
The Internet Engineering group consists of 5 engineers. All five engineers are dedicated to the fulfillment of Core, Enhancements, Project work, as well as, 1st-3rd level support for the entire Montefiore, AECOM (Albert Einstein College of Medicine) and WPH (White Plain Hospital) Internet infrastructures. The group supports all firewalls (Cisco and Checkpoint), Internet routers and switches, Netscalers, VPN's, External DNS, Bluecoat hardware and more.
The Internet Systems Engineer is responsible for the full product life cycle for all Internet systems and applications within Montefiore IT. He/she is involved in all aspects of the deployed technologies, including requirements gathering, design, implementation, and support. The Engineer takes the lead in the enforcement and improvement of Internet systems and applications security, ensuring that all hardware, software, policies, and procedures are up to date and consistent with Industry and Montefiore IT security standards. The Internet Systems Engineer provides outstanding client service and contributes to the organization-s mission of utilizing information technology to improve patient care.
RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE :
- Design, implementation and operation of the company-s Internet perimeter infrastructure, including Firewalls (ASA, Checkpoint), Load balancers (Citrix Netscalers), routers (Cisco, Juniper), and Internet proxies (Blue Coat).
- Design VPN (IPSEC, SSLVPN, L2 Tunnels) configurations and implement them throughout the enterprise.
- Design & Development of Internet Infrastructure Solutions that are highly available and support business continuity requirements.
- Liaison between application teams and load balancing operational team, facilitating smooth implementation of load balancing solutions.
- Work with IT Security team to ensure a stable environment for Internet and Intranet applications.
- Work with Operations (NCC) Team to educate and train staff on internet technologies.
- Provides on-call 24x7 support when required.
- Work with business areas, vendors and other system professionals to identify, design and implement innovative internet solutions.
- Responsible for evaluating new technologies and making recommendations for products that support the Internet Infrastructure.
- Participate in workflow and policy improvements.
- Current Projects : Redesign internet connectivity; revamp infrastructure to Active-Active
- In-Depth Technical Knowledge of Checkpoint & ASA Cisco Firewalls
- In-Depth Technical Knowledge of VPN/remote access solutions
- In-Depth Technical Knowledge of Cisco OR JUNIPER routing & switching
- Preferred: technical knowledge of load Balancing (CITRIX NETSCALER - Will Train)
BS/MS in Computer Engineering or RELATIVE Working Experience
CCP-N OR CCAA
Leads in the enforcement and improvement of Internet systems and security applications to ensure that all hardware, software, policies, and procedures are current with security standards. Analyzes, designs, codes, tests, implements, and supports deployed technologies. Department:
Montefiore Information Technology Bargaining Unit:
Non Union Campus:
YONKERS Employment Status:
Regular Full-Time Address:
200 Corporate Boulevard S, Yonkers Shift:
Day Scheduled Hours:
8:30 AM-5 PM Req ID:
99365 Montefiore is an equal employment opportunity employer. Montefiore will recruit, hire, train, transfer, promote, layoff and discharge associates in all job classifications without regard to their race, color, religion, creed, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, gender, actual or presumed disability, history of disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, pregnancy, military status, marital status, or partnership status, or any other characteristic protected by law. LI-KK1-REDIRECT; SF-DICE-MIT
Posted Date: Mon, 27 05 2019 00:00:00 GMT
Department: Montefiore Information Technology