Title: NGS DevOps Cloud Engineer – 39946-1
Location: 100% Remote/Redwood City CA 94063
Duration: 12 Months (Potential to Extend)
100% Remote, Open to US East Coast candidates.
Position Description and Responsibilities:
To serve as a key contributor to our NGS workflow environment. The main function of this role is to support new technology initiatives in implementing leading-edge NGS pipeline technologies to enable our scientific research applications.
- Contribute to the design, implementation, deployment, and integration of new and existing NGS workflow systems.
- Work with developers, project leads, cross-functional teams, and external partners to enable new capabilities or identify operational issues with the software, workflows, etc.
- Provide technical expertise to develop and support NGS workflow capabilities in a hybrid environment
- Monitor and support the environments and deliver software and application deployments in various environments.
- Evaluate existing processes for improvements; Develop new processes, tools, and automation to improve processes, workflows, and infrastructure.
- Supports all Company initiatives, policies, operating procedures, processes.
- Maintains positive and cooperative communications and collaboration with all levels of employees, contractors, and vendors.
- Minimum 3 years of direct work/research experience in developing or supporting NGS pipelines.
- Demonstrated knowledge on CWL, modern NGS pipeline platforms, or a major workflow engine.
- Minimum 2 years of experience using AWS cloud services supporting/developing NGS pipelines and workflows and solid knowledge of EC2, EBS, EFS & S3 required.
- 5 years of familiarity in Linux OS and programming environments including command line interface and X servers; Experienced in shell scripting in Linux, Unix, or Mac.
- Proficient in TCP/IP networking and troubleshooting, solid understanding of local and network filesystems (SMB/CIFS and NFS)
- Working knowledge of container technologies such as docker, singularity and Kubernetes
- Must be able to perform software compilation, installation activities and troubleshooting.
- Ability to work both independently and as a contributor in a team environment
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree in a life-science-related, or computer science discipline,
- AWS technical certifications (desirable).
If you are interested on the above job details, then please respond back with the following details at the earliest possible:
- Full Name:
- Current Location:
- Work Authorization:
- Pay Expected:
- Best Contact Number and time:
- Last 4 Digits of SSN: