Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can-t be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You-ll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers- lives. We-ll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you-ll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you-ll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
The Network Engineer (NE) manages and plans efforts to research, design, plan and maintain new or existing network hardware and software technology components. The NE Technician utilizes systems, scripting, and developer skills to execute on highly complex tasks related to hardware and software technology component analysis, integration, and incident and problem resolution. The role also creates, reviews, and ensures updates are made to the configuration management plan.
The Network Engineer is knowledgeable in enterprise Voice technologies including SIP, H.323 and telephony infrastructure. S/he will also have a basic understanding of the interaction between Voice and other technologies including Network, Windows, UNIX, Storage, SQL, Oracle, Citrix, and VMWare. The Network Engineer utilizes Voice & Networking standards and can apply them in support of business needs within the Allstate environment.
Support the Avaya enterprise-class telephony solutions, including Sip, PBX, Session managers, and SBC-s.
Work with global Voice team on providing level 3 escalation for troubleshooting high Severity incidents, and Support on-call rotations for operational duties that have not been addressed with automation
Support healthy software development practices, including complying with the chosen software development methodology
Provide technical leadership to a growing team focused on applying software engineering practices to operations at scale
Drives a continuous improvement mindset with the team, embracing a DevOps culture and constantly finding ways to make our systems more reliable.
Write tools and leverage open source solutions to automate tasks with an emphasis on scalability and reliability
Create automation that remediates areas of concern within the system we support
Key Responsibilities (Cont'd)
Provide subject matter expertise when collaborating on cross platform projects with teams responsible for Voice, Video, Compute, Storage, Information Security and Data Center.
Provide detailed feedback to the technical leaders for the department focusing on strategy, service integration, monitoring, documentation, and Automation opportunities.
Participate with technical leaders to provide feedback to engineering in the form of regular meetings, problem records documenting areas of improvements, and presenting back to engineering opportunities to improve availability and performance.
Develop and mentor other team members on standard methodology with Infrastructure orchestration and troubleshooting application services in production
Monitor key performance indicators to ensure risks are being managed and to help avoid future impact using Data analytics and AIOP-s.
Education: College degree or equivalent work experience;
Related experience: 3+ years of experience with enterprise systems and or automation
Skills, Experience Required:
- Highly self-motivated and ability to work independently in a global team environment.
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Great communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills
- Works well under pressure.
- Experience troubleshooting, installing, managing, and supporting Acme Packet/Oracle SBC's, IP-PBXs (VoIP/SIP), legacy PBX systems (TDM), call management systems, various voicemail systems, IP/SIP soft-phones, IP Phones, automatic call distribution (ACD) (Call Center) and interactive voice response (IVR) systems.
Job Qualifications (Cont'd)
- Design effective monitoring / alerting (for conditions such as application-errors, high memory usage) and log aggregation approaches (to quickly access logs for troubleshooting, or generate reports for trend analysis) to proactively notify business stakeholders of issues and communicate metrics
- Promote a DevOps culture, including building relationships with other technical and business teams.
- Knowledge of SIP, H.323, VoIP, Avaya infrastructure including ASM, AES, ASA, One-X, and Verint.
- Experience with programming languages, (Power shell, Python, or Groovy)
- Experience with IT infrastructure DevOps tools such as, JSON, VXML, GitHub, Ansible, & Jenkins
- Experience building and sustaining interconnected production services with APIs
- Knowledge of networking technologies, topologies, and protocols. (TCP/IP, BGP, OSPF, QOS, SNMP, Rest API, STP, HSRP, switching technologies, VLANs, Firewalls, Ethernet)
- Technical experience using many of the following: Cisco Routers & Switches, Nexus, ASR, ISR product lines, Cisco IOS, NX-OS, ACI, IPSEC
- BS in Network Engineering, Computer Science, or related technical field involving coding or equivalent experience
- Experience building, deploying, and operating distributed services and monitoring for production networks
- Experience with Linux systems and shells, daemons, and processes
Job Qualifications (Cont'd)
Responsible for the following technology, (Skill scale 1-5, 5 being expert)
- Avaya- 3
- Automation - 3
- Cisco routing, switching, and Wireless - 3
- Palo Alto Firewalls - 3
- Squid Proxy - 2
- Red Hat - 2
- F5 Global and local traffic management - 2
- Infoblox DDI - 2
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen. Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands-.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary - but that-s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you-ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter
or watch a video
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the Company-s policy to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs. Therefore, any discriminatory action taken on account of an employee-s ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual and reproductive health decision, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race, religion (including religious dress), sex, or sexual orientation that adversely affects an employee's terms or conditions of employment is prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, salary administration, promotion, job assignment, benefits, discipline, and separation of employment