Our client is looking for a motivated NOC Operator with1+ years' experience to join their team in Bethlehem, PA!
This is a 24x7x365 NOC environment. **Please send interested resumes to **
The NOC Technician is accountable for entry level fault and performance management duties, including:
- 1st level technical support and triage activities associated with all voice, data and video network elements and fiber transport facilities monitored by the NOC team;
- all associated building safety, environmental and security alarms;
- proactively monitoring all network elements and transport systems for fault and performance irregularities;
- assisting in the identification and resolution of less complex network element or system failures through isolation, analysis and troubleshooting procedures; and
- overseeing all planned change activities that take place during the planned maintenance windows.
This position reports to a NOC Manager, requires strong interpersonal skills and routinely interacts with internal network, engineering and customer care support organizations, field operations, external service providers and equipment vendors during normal monitoring and event management duties and and trouble resolutions. Requires shift work supporting after-hours, weekends and holiday coverage. Principal Responsibilities:
- Monitor and event management of a national voice, data and video network and Tier I triage and technical support/troubleshooting of related network elements, such as: DWDM, circuit and packet switching, Frame Relay, T1, T3, SONET equipment, VoIP, GPON, microwave, fiber multiplexers, optical equipment, routers and customer premise devices.
- Work closely with IP network, Switch and Fiber Transport engineers as well as Field Technicians and Outside Plant construction teams.
- Utilize a number of different network monitoring tools and element management systems to detect and resolve service impacting events as soon as possible.
- Primary point of contact for other Network Operations Centers.
- Open and work technical support tickets for service impacting events involving 3rd party support vendors.
- Act as liaison and provide a high level internal and external customer satisfaction.
- Set up and manage outage/repair bridges to restore service back to normal operation conditions as soon as possible. Engage and escalate to appropriate parties when needed.
- Process equipment return and analysis request for failed hardware [RMA], including writing/documenting Reason For Outage Reports [RFO] as requested
- Maintain and comply with standard Company technical and administrative procedures
- Answer inbound calls and open, update, close tickets for customer impacting events, outages and maintenances. This includes fully documenting ticket notes and closing tickets with Reason For Outage [RFO]
- Compose and send FLASH notifications, alerts and emails informing wide audiences (including executives) of network outages, jeopardies and other service impacting events.
- Other NOC related duties as assigned, or requested by manager.
Technical degree, relevant certifications or equivalent work experience acceptable.
Knowledge of ITIL best practices including Monitoring & Event Management, Incident Management, Change Management and Problem Management processes helpful.
- 1+ years' relevant experience
- Cisco/Juniper/Telco Systems/Ciena/ADVA/Mikrotik Router and or Switches, Microwave Radios such as Cambium/ NEC iPASOLINK/Bridgewave/SIAE AlfoplUbiquiti AF24/Powerbeam, CBR/UBR/Casa/Arris cable modem termination system or CMTS , Telecom Switches manufactured by Northern Telecom DMS, Metaswitch, and Calix Gpon services. Video Devices manufactured by companies such as Motorola, Pace, Arris, TiVo; Digital Addressable Controllers (DAC), and other related gear associated with delivering Video and Telecommunication Services. Familiarity with third party portal access such as Equinix, Verizon, Juniper, Cisco, Lumen, Netflix Google Ciena ETC
- Working knowledge of Windows OS and strong Microsoft Office skills including Word, Excel, etc.
- Familiar with Google GSuite applications including Gmail, Chat, Calendar, Meet, etc.
- Experience with Incident Management ticketing systems such as Request Tracker (RT), or Service Now.
- Familiar with, and experience using Network Management monitoring Systems [NMS] such as IBM Tivoli/Netcool, Cacti, SevOne, etc. or equivalent NMS systems.
- Ability to accommodate irregular scheduling to support business operations when required.
- Ability to prioritize and organize proficiently in fast paced environment
- Reliable, Punctual, Dependable
- Creative problem solving abilities
Please send interested resumes to
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at or