Position Description - Network Operations Center Technician Job Responsibilities
Job Skills & Qualifications
- Responsible for working in a 24x7 Network Operations Center (NOC) environment as a member of a larger team.
- Monitor network systems, triage issues, respond to events, and provide situational awareness to company leadership and customers.
- Responsible for Incident Triage / Incident Management and timely reporting and escalation of issues.
- Follow standard OCC procedures; accurately log and update all events using incident/call tracking software.
- Ensure timely and accurate communication to customers and escalation teams
- Provide Incident Response (IR) support as required.
- 1 - 3 years of experience in a Network Operations Center.
- Competencies in incident triage, incident management, incident response, and data analysis.
- Working knowledge of all Microsoft Office products and collaboration tools.
- Knowledge of TCP/IP Protocols, network analysis, and network/security applications.
- Deep understanding of ITILv3 service management concepts and practices.
- Support ticket methodology and tools.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Self-starter with the ability to overcome ambiguity and drive for improvements.
- Displays focus and calm under pressure, works to implement the most effective solution.
- Critical thinker that can apply logic to problem solving in complex situations.
- Team player that values winning for the organization over self-achievement.
- Associates or BA in Information Systems, Computer Science or similar preferred.
- One or more of the following certifications: Comptia Network+, CCNA Routing and Switching, or JNCIA
- Ability to pass background check and standard hiring drug screens.
- Monitor, analyze, and triage all alerts within the stated Service Level Agreements.
- Resolve incidents or facilitate escalation to Tier 2.
- Respond to all inbound service requests initiated by phone or email.
- Provide customer facing status updates in tickets and/or verbally; cradle to grave incident management.
- Document all activities during an incident and provide leadership with status updates during the life cycle of an incident.
- Track trends, statistics, and key figures for each assigned client
- Assist with the development of processes and procedures to improve incident response times, analysis of incident, and overall OCC functions.
- Daily Shift Change Report
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at or