Kforce has a client seeking an experienced NOC Technician in Tulsa, Oklahoma (OK).
* Provision new equipment to include -greenfield- route builds, and network augments
* Install equipment required to install and test new services including SONET SDH, Fiber Channel GbE, and others
* Communicate with internal and external customers, as well as assist other technicians with troubleshooting and technical questions regarding circuit operation and installation
* Communicate with internal and external customers to solve complex network issues
* Maintain and follow documented guidelines for upgrading, implementing, and removing facilities within a transport network
* Partner with the other teams within to monitor the proper operation of network equipment 24x7
* Candidates must have 5-10 years of experience in a NOC environment with knowledge in DWDM, CWDM, Wave, and IP/Ethernet
* Candidates must be flexible to work various shifts as this is based on the needs of the business
* Fundamental understanding of all protocols provisioned (GbE, SONET, Fiber Channel, and others)
* Excellent judgment and discretion; Ability to handle multiple priorities simultaneously and meet deadlines in high pressure scenarios
* Minimal travel required (less than 10%)
* Must be able to work independently and productively with minimal supervision
* Expertise with the following vendor equipment: Fuji, Infinera, Ciena, Ciena, Cisco, Nokia, Ekinops
Kforce is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.