This is a long term fully benefited contract for a NOC Technician in Louisville, KY -Some onsite work required
No Corp to Corp, H1B and No sponsorship
NOC Technician Job Description
Provides customer service, technical support, surveillance, troubleshooting, maintenance, and repair at the Network Operations Center (NOC). Monitors the network for alarms or certain conditions that may require special attention to avoid impact on the network’s performance.: Troubleshoots and recovers or corrects server and/or network problems in accordance with departmental policies and procedures. Monitors network elements, including alarm conditions, ensuring immediate action when fault is detected. Troubleshoots, recovers, and identifies major outage events for each network platform supported. Interfaces directly with internal and/or external customers and tracks interactions, progress, and resolution in trouble tickets. Responds to and resolves problems reported by customers or management systems, working with System Engineers and the Operations team for technical issues. Performs timely technical and management escalations for outstanding problems. Develops and maintains an in-depth working knowledge of all products and services. Participates in the activities associated with a variety of departmental projects including preparing and distributing reports, material, documentation, and coordinating tasks. Establishes a good working relationship with team members and department contacts in order to maintain and continuously strive to improve the level of overall service being provided. Reviews the effectiveness of current procedures and strives to identify improvement to processes. (Source: eDOT Job Description)
12 hour Nights
This is a salaried position with our client in downtown Louisville for a Level I/II Network Operations Control Analyst to work a set shift position in a 24x7 Enterprise NOC. This is a Night shift position and the hours are 6pm to 6am. The first week entails five twelve hour shifts, the second week entails two twelve hour shifts. Week one is Monday, Tuesday, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. Week two is Wednesday and Thursday.
* Proactively monitor an enterprise level distributed network via HPOpenView, Solarwinds, CiscoWorks and other tools.
* Create, update and route trouble tickets as needed using HP Service Desk trouble ticketing system in response to issues detected
* Perform initial call out to sites for down devices. Work with remote staff to troubleshoot and attempt issue resolution.
* Properly escalate, communicate and route problem tickets to Level III support staff.
* Properly notify mid/senior management on all critical outages or faults.
* Participate on Technical Conference Bridge for outages or faults when required.
* Maintain time lines during an outage or fault for future reference.
* Assist with alarm correlation and fault determination within the Data Center
* Coordinates on site hardware dispatches with HP and IBM CE's. Monitors dispatches to ensure they are completed within SLA parameters.
* Create and update Shift Reports and Turnovers. Participate in the turnover process with outgoing and incoming shift teams.
* Adhere to escalation procedures and NOC processes.
* Respond to any additional needs from mid/upper management
* 1-2 years working experience in a 24x7 Enterprise NOC OR
* 1-2 years experience supporting CISCO platform to include OS and hardware OR
* 3-5 years general IT business experience in an enterprise level environment is required.
* College Degree, Cisco and/or Microsoft certifications are highly desired
* The motivation and ability to work well in a team environment is required.
* Self-initiative, flexibility, and ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously required.
* Demonstrated telephone, communications, and interpersonal skills are required.
* Ability to follow established guidelines, policies, and procedures is required.
* Ability to work in a high-pressure dynamic environment and adjust to priority changes is required.
* Ability to work off hours and weekends.