Rodan + Fields is seeking a talented National Events Manager Keynote Program to bring our corporate messaging and positioning to life both onsite and online through our annual Convention, an engaging and immersive multi-day experience that ignites energy and builds enthusiasm for R+F products and tools, empowering our field of 140,000+ Independent Consultants to build their businesses. Working with stakeholders across the company, this role will be instrumental in the strategy, development and execution of our General Sessions and Awards Gala events for 12,000+ attendees onsite and 20,000+ online. Content is king for any event, and from the content strategy to the speakers delivery onsite, this role is critical in determining the process and executing excellence. We are looking for a strategic driver who has a passion for the Rodan + Fields brand, bringing it to life in a flawless attendee experience. This is a full-time position that will report to the Director, National Events.
- Driving overall content strategy and assume content ownership for our annual Convention, including:
- Unify and engage key stakeholders including our Founders and C-level executive team at the start of the content planning process to identify content strategy and organizational goals mapped to overall event themes;
- Drive content strategy for event working with cross-functional stakeholders, content strategists and copywriters to develop scripts and presentations to ensure content is educational, inspirational and aligns with overall event goals;
- Understand the Rodan + Fields brand and product positioning with the ability to ensure consistent, on-brand messaging;
- Ensure that all content is focused, delivers value to the attendee and can live beyond the in-person event experience in a variety of formats, including our virtual Convention experience;
- Identify and secure new and inspiring Keynote speakers;
- Lead Keynote selection process, including contract negotiation and execution;
- Work closely with multiple Event Managers to identify onsite event content that can be seamlessly integrated into our virtual event experience.
- Lead the prep, development and execution of content across all Convention General Sessions and touchpoints to include:
- Identify content needs and manage content development process for all sessions end-to-end including content workflow, project management, production timelines, event agenda and space allocation;
- Manage production vendor; constantly working to improve the production quality for our event attendees, while enhancing the experience to reflect the R+F brand;
- Schedule, manage and lead production meetings and speaker rehearsals;
- Manage deck design vendor in partnership with our internal Creative team to lead the creation of our Mainstage presentations;
- Keep external partners (agencies, vendors) and internal teams on deadline, providing creative input while driving them to finish quality content quickly and efficiently;
- Work with creative and video teams to develop and drive video content plan, meeting timeline and budget requirements;
- Oversee the presenter onboarding process, setting expectations around the content timeline, rehearsals and onsite experience;
- Participate and partner with other vendor and stakeholder teams to ensure execution of all deliverables is timely and accurate;
- Measure results (evaluations, attendance, feedback) on all content and communicate findings back to key stakeholders; modify processes to adopt best practices and incorporate feedback as appropriate.
- Lead the prep, development and execution of our Recognition Gala to include:
- Partnering with our Recognition and Incentive teams to determine stage recognition strategy
- Lead Emcee and musical talent selection process, including contract negotiation and execution;
- Lead the script writing process for Emcee and Executive Recognition team segments
- Bachelor s Degree;
- 7+ years experience developing content and audience engagement programs, with experience executing large-scale events of 10,000+ attendees;
- Event experience in both large- and mid-scale conferences, preferably in a B2B, fast-paced environment;
- Working knowledge of video platforms and content delivery systems;
- Excellent problem-solving skills with ability to creatively negotiate demands;
- Proactive and enthusiastic team player with exceptional communication, writing, project management and interpersonal skills;
- Strong customer service skills and the ability to interact at all levels from temp staff to CEO;
- Ability to assess and prioritize workload in a strict deadline-oriented environment;
- Ideal candidate must have ability to remain calm and professional under rapidly changing circumstances;
- Proficient using the latest versions of all Microsoft Office applications;
- Ability to work a flexible schedule and travel when required.
Rodan + Fields was founded in 2000 by Stanford-trained Dermatologists Dr. Katie Rodan and Dr. Kathy Fields with a passion for giving people the best skin of their lives and the confidence that comes with it. Today, Rodan + Fields is the #1 Skincare Brand in North America
in 2018 and the #1 Skincare Brand in the US in 2016, 2017 and 2018
! The company has grown its innovative line of products and expanded into Canada and Australia. Headquartered in San Francisco, CA, R+F now employs approximately 700 people, has more than 300,000 enrolled Independent Consultants and over two million Preferred Customers.
At Rodan + Fields, you will be challenged to make an impact, inspired to do more, and rewarded for your contributions. We are transforming skincare, and we welcome your big ideas to fuel our ambitious growth plans! If you are looking for a life-changing career opportunity, we've got your prescription. You ll become part of a positive, passionate movement that celebrates greatness and encourages employees to be catalysts for change. We provide a creative, vibrant workplace outfitted with all of the technology, tools and training you'll need to learn, grow and thrive! We create life-changing impact in our communities through our non-profit, Prescription for Change , the heart of Rodan + Fields. By funding empowerment programs for students, we teach them how to use their skills to make life-changing differences in their lives and the lives of others. Join us and share your talents as we develop innovative solutions for your skin and empower entrepreneurs. In addition to working arm-in-arm with industry leaders, employees at Rodan + Fields enjoy rich benefits plans and perks.
Source Euromonitor International Limited; Beauty and Personal Care 2019 Edition, retail value RSP terms; all channels, Skin Care includes Sets and Kits; North America defined as Canada and the United States
Source Euromonitor International Limited; Beauty and Personal Care 2019 Edition, retail value RSP terms; all channels, Skincare includes Sets & Kits.