New Position: AS 400 Natural/ADABAS consultant
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Minimum of five (5) years of applicable technical experience.
- Skill in programming in Natural/ADABAS, in reporting mode and structured mode syntax.
- Experience converting Natural programs from reporting mode to structured mode.
- Skill in developing technical specifications and documenting existing legacy systems.
- Skilled with analyzing existing proceses and identifying efficiencies for legacy systems.
- Skilled at communicating effectively (verbally and in writing) with technical and Department staff.
- Skilled in the use of Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Visio.
- Skilled in effectively documenting and transferring acquired knowledge to others.
- Ability to effectively train and mentor others.
- Ability to understand and facilitate discussions and/or meetings involving individuals with different viewpoints, backgrounds, experience levels, and priorities.
- Skilled in proactively identifying project, application, or system risks and documenting and escalating them appropriately.
Preferred Experience, Knowledge, Skill, or Abilities
- Knowledge of the Florida Accounting Information Resource system and its subsystems.
- Knowledge of other State of Florida financial systems.
- Knowledge of other legacy financial management systems.
- Knowledge of other state government financial systems.
- Experience working with State agencies or other state governments similar in size in terms of annual budget and full-time equivalent employee count.
- Experience participating in a project where a state government underwent major organizational or technical transformation.
- Experience with webMethods EntireX to develop APIs for Natural programs.
- Experience with webMethods ApplinX for re-interfacing terminal screens as web interfaces.
- Experience with Adabas SQL Gateway.
- Experience with Event Replicator for Adabas.
- Experience with a legacy application analysis tool such as Natural Engineer or ITP Panorama.
- Knowledge of accounting systems and generally accepted accounting principles.
- Skill with testing tools.
- Skill with SQL and data querying.
- Skill with DB2, SQL Server, or ADABAS data management systems.
- Experience with ticketing systems, including BMC Remedy, Software AG’s PAC, or Treehouse N2O.
- Knowledge of system integration techniques, data mapping, and interface specifications related to enterprise resource planning systems.
- Experience developing or supporting large-volume data interchange and file transfers with state agencies, financial institutions, and the federal government.
- Skill with WebFOCUS 7.7 or 8.2.
- Experience migrating reporting environment from WebFOCUS 7.7 to 8.2.
- Skill in creating and executing test scripts and training scenarios.
Please apply via dice or email your resume to: recruiter @ sanrose.com