Natural Language Processing ResearcherCome Make the World With Us
It takes great people to achieve greatness. People with a sense of purpose and integrity. People with a relentless pursuit of excellence. People who care about making things better For Those Who Make The World™. Sound like you? Join our top-notch team of 54,000+ professionals in 60 countries who are making their mark on some of the world's most beloved brands, including DEWALT, CRAFTSMAN, STANLEY, BLACK+DECKER, IRWIN, LENOX and more.What You'll Do
As a Natural Language Processing Researcher IV, you will be part of our Hand Tools, Accessories, and Storage (HTAS) team located in New Britain, CT. You'll get to:
Who You Are:
- Teach other leaders and engineers within the business unit and company to leverage the new technology
- Work between multiple business units and sub business units including managing meeting flows, presenting data, building, and maintaining relationships.
- Transfer user application research into critical product and subsequently into product engineering technology research requirements.
- Work in the lab to test new product concepts and present data to the business unit in monthly review meetings.
- Create test procedures, quality plans, and transferrable documents associated with new prototypes for successful implementation
- Assist in developing the strategy for the product road and ensure we keep our competitive advantage in key areas such as hand tools, fastening, cutting, measuring, storage, organization, efficiency, etc.
- Be the NATURAL LAUNGUAGE PROCESSING expert for the $4B Hand Tools, Storage and Accessories Business Unit.
You always strive to do a good job...but wouldn't it be great if you could do your job and do a world of good? You care about quality - at every level. You love to learn and grow and be acknowledged for your valuable contributions. You're not intimidated by innovation. In fact, you embrace it You will also have:
What You'll Receive
- Masters or Doctorate degree in computer science, electrical engineering, computer engineering, mathematics, or another related field
- Hands on experience working with external partners, building prototypes, and operating test equipment
- Deep understanding of Text representation techniques, machine translation and compilers
- Understanding of text classification and clustering
- Knowledge of Python, Java, and R
You'll receive a competitive salary and a great benefits plan:
• Medical, dental, life, vision, wellness program, disability, 401(k), Employee Stock Purchase Plan, paid time off and tuition reimbursement.
• Discounts on Stanley Black & Decker tools and other partner programs.How You'll Feel
We want our company to be a place you'll want to be - and stay. Being part of our team means you'll get to:
• Grow: Be part of our global company with 20+ brands to grow and develop your skills along multiple career paths.
• Learn: Have access to a wealth of learning resources, including our Lean Academy, Coursera® and online university.
• Belong: Experience an awesome place to work, where we have mutual respect and a great appreciation for diversity, equity and inclusion.
• Give Back: Help us continue to make positive changes locally and globally through volunteerism, giving back and sustainable business practices.
What's more, you'll get that pride that comes from empowering makers, doers, protectors and everyday heroes all over the world. We're more than the #1 tools and storage company and #2 security solutions provider, with a leading presence in engineered fastening. We're visionaries. Industry 4.0 innovators. As successful as we've been in the past, we have so much further to go. That's where you come in. Join us!
All qualified applicants to Stanley Black & Decker are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran's status or any other protected characteristic.#LI-JF2