LOOKING FOR: A self-driven, senior candidate with an active Secret clearance to join our AMERICAN SYSTEMS Engineering team as a Navy Software Developer. Candidate will be supporting the United States Navy in Mclean, VA.
As a Navy Software Developer, you will:
- Work within the Engineering Division to support the development of new documentation for the Signal Data Recording Systems (SDRS) as well as other submarine systems.
- Join a well-established team that gives you the opportunity to grow.
- Receive robust benefits package that includes Employee Stock Ownership Plan!
- Be a part of an empowered accountability culture where each employee-owner has a meaningful stake in the future success and growth of the company.
A week in the life of a Navy Software Developer:
- Successful candidate will provide software development of applications for systems such as the BQH-9 Signal Data Recording Set (SDRS).
- Apply software development principles to investigate/troubleshoot, analyze, plan, design, develop, and test ship and lab systems.
- Develop test plans and work closely with other developers during testing to identify and correct bugs.
- Design, develop, and evaluate enhancements to improve the reliability, performance, or other capabilities of the SDRS
- Work as part of a software development team
- Develop applications working specifically with Java