Description Job Description:
Leidos is pleased to announce that it has been awarded the Next Generation Enterprise Network-Recompete (NGEN-R) Contract. This is an eight-year, $7.7 billion contract that is responsible for maintaining and modernizing the main global network of the Navy and Marine Corps.
In support of this exciting program Leidos is looking to hire an NetOps Lead in New Orleans, LA to join our Team.
NGEN-R is the largest IT services program for the Navy. Under the Service Management, Integration, and Transport portion of NGEN-R, the Leidos team will deliver the core backbone of the Navy-Marine Corps Intranet, including cybersecurity services, network operations, service desk, and data transport. Ultimately, Leidos will support the Navy in unifying its shore-based networks and data management to improve capability and service while also saving significant dollars by focusing efforts under one enterprise network.Job Description
The qualified candidate will oversee operation of network systems, architecture, and topology through deployment and oversight of network operations specialists. The NetOps Lead will also ensure that all operating systems are adequate, functional, and conform to operation security policies and procedures. Other duties and responsibilities include:
- Assist with the development and application of business processes to ensure appropriate service levels.
- Develop and implement standards, procedures, and processes for the NOC.
- Participate in strategic network planning, steady state operations planning, and development of contingency operation plans.
- Plan and support injection of new technologies and implementation of technology refresh.
- Confer with and advise administrators, user representatives, and technical personnel regarding development and design of integrated network solutions.
- Prepare recommendations based on monitoring results, tools analyses, and forensics.
- Participate in the development and implementation of policies and procedures regarding network equipment, maintenance, and monitoring.
- Prepare status reports.
- Schedule routine system maintenance, oversee application of proactive cyber security measures, and manage reaction to network defense requirements.
- Develop and maintain system architecture and operational documentation.
- High school Diploma or General Equivalency Diploma (GED) and 6 Years of Experience
- Information Assurance Technician (IAT) Level II
- Must possess an Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) network support certification and/or an Operating System (OS)/Application certification such as Computing Technology Industry Association (CompTIA) Network+, Microsoft Technology Associate (MTA), Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA), or a Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist (MCTS) certification for Enterprise Services
- Active DOD Secret clearance
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) Routing and Switching.
External Referral Bonus: Eligible External Referral Bonus $: Potential for Telework:
No Clearance Level Required:
Yes, 10% of the time Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Day Requisition Category:
Professional Job Family:
Network Administration and Ops Pay Range: