Description Job Description:
We have been awarded the Navy Service Management, Integration and Transport (SMIT) program, formerly referred to as NGEN, and we are seeking talented IT Professionals to join the Leidos team.
This is an eight-year, $7.7 billion contract that is responsible for maintaining and modernizing the main global network of the Navy and Marine Corps. If you join our team, you will be part of the largest IT services program in Naval history.
As a member of the Leidos team, you will assist in the delivery of the core backbone of the Navy-Marine Corps Intranet, including cybersecurity services, network operations, service desk, and data transport. Ultimately, Leidos will support the Navy in unifying its shore-based networks and data management to improve capability and service while also saving significant dollars by focusing efforts under one enterprise network.
What will you do as a NetOps Specialist, Mid?
The qualified candidate will monitor the infrastructure and network by responding appropriately to command level alerts and events both scheduled and unplanned, as a trusted service matter expert. Other duties and responsibilities include:
- Respond to escalated incidents from triage through resolution, including command level escalations, where appropriate.
- Respond to command level critical infrastructure repairs, including directing remote and virtual activities to maintain operational effectiveness for critical network services.
- Provide root cause analysis documentation in accordance with Government procedures and established protocols.
- Provide data center support and ongoing feedback where appropriate.
- Document daily shift activities in appropriate reporting and ticketing tools through an established log and ensure proper pass down of any outstanding issues.
- Provide incident notification and ongoing updates to the Government Civilian Leads and the client.
- Plan, oversee and assist with Continuity of Operations (COOP) on planned outage simulations and unforeseen events related to disaster recovery.
- Train and oversee NetOPS Specialist Jr. personnel to provide additional skills and expertise to the client.
- High school Diploma or General Equivalency Diploma (GED)
- 6 Years of Experience
- and DoD Secret Clearance
- Information Assurance Technician (IAT) Level II
- Must possess an Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) network support certification and/or an Operating System (OS)/Application certification such as Computing Technology Industry Association (CompTIA) Network+, Microsoft Technology Associate (MTA), Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA), or a Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist (MCTS) certification for Enterprise Services
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) Routing and Switching.Pay Range: