Our direct client in Boulder, CO is hiring a Optical /Network Engineer in a Contract to Hire role
This position is responsible for the engineering, coordination and support of DWDM network groom and optimization projects. Duties entail establishing targeted plans to address migrating managed wavelength services and related network, efficient designs for grooming circuit traffic, and any project related network decommissioning and/or capacity augments to the network. Works closely with various stakeholders (i.e. Business Units, Engineering, Operations, Tier III, Field Services and Architecture) to manage and/or provide input in timely completion of projects.
An ideal candidate will possess strong working knowledge of DWDM networking and an understanding of core competencies such as physical connectivity over fiber and copper, riser and cross connects, as well as related terminology. Responsibilities
- Create Capital budget requests; provide budgetary details related to grooms and network augments. Manage capital associated with projects according to plan, develop reports, and provide weekly updates.
- Design and Engineer wave traffic migration solutions required on network; Produce engineering design packages to support traffic system groom plans, capacity augments and/or site/system decommissioning projects as required.
- Query network elements and management systems as needed to validate available channel/slot/port capacity. Provision logical services and document reservations in production network management systems and databases.
- Project manage network installation projects consisting of telecommunications equipment, systems, and services; and provide on-going technical support.
- Provide tier III technical support to customers and other work groups. As the project expert, has a broad knowledge of all aspects of the assigned systems, including its design basis, vendor equipment, operating characteristics, and required maintenance.
- Engineer is responsible for managing and completing projects as assigned in a timely manner. Responsibilities will focus on end to end design, but special projects may include network audits, network configuration & inventory verification, and other projects as assigned.
- Proficiency on a minimum of (2) optical transport platforms (i.e. Ciena, Infinera, Nokia, Cisco, ADVA, Fujitsu, etc.).
- Strong understanding of DWDM technology, network architectures (i.e. FOADM/ROADM/PON/fixed and Flex Grid) and signal flow.
- BA or BS degree highly desirable; Minimum of three (3) years of relevant telecommunications network design and fiber optic networks.
- Familiarity with telecommunications service protocol structure and testing (i.e. Ethernet/OTN/SONET/SDH/SAN).
- Knowledge of optical fiber technical specifications, testing and link engineering fundamentals.
- Understanding of telemetry (DCN) network design, IP subnetting and routing protocols (i.e. OSPF).
- Understanding of telecommunications facility environments and data center and carrier hotel connectivity.
- Google Docs and MS Office applications and capabilities required (i.e. Excel/Visio/Word) with programming/scripting skills preferred.
- Ability to effectively communicate and provide technical direction to technical and non-technical personnel.
- Ability to work with a minimum of supervision and ability to be a constructive member of team.
- Exceptional attention to detail and multitasking abilities are a must.
- Fluent Knowledge of MS Excel, Visio and Google Docs.
- Knowledge of SalesForce, GE SmallWorld, Metasolv is a plus.
For immediate consideration please submit your resume in Word format, along with daytime contact information. LOCAL CANDIDATES ONLY PLEASE
unless you are willing to relocate yourself at your own expense. Client is unable to provide H-1B Visa sponsorship at this time. All submittals will be treated confidentially. Selected candidate may be asked to pass a comprehensive background, credit and/or drug screening. Principals only, no third parties please.
Established in 2000, Atrilogy Solutions Group, Inc. provides organizations of all sizes with high-quality, cost effective information technology (IT) and business process consulting & staffing services. Our industry-leading service model combines experienced project managers with seasoned technical and functional consultants to eliminate client uncertainty and deliver superior value and results.
Clients turn to Atrilogy for expertise in:
• IT staffing and placement (Project Managers, Agile/Scrum Masters, Business Analysts, DBA's, Software Engineers, Mobile Developers (iOS, Android), DevOps, Automation, QA, Systems & Network Engineers, Cyber Security / Information Security Specialists)
• All major ERP & CRM packages (including Oracle, Workday, PeopleSoft, JD Edwards, Lawson, SAP, Dynamics AX, Salesforce, Microsoft CRM, NetSuite)
• Business Intelligence, Data Warehousing, and Big Data Integration
• Creative (Interactive Project Manager/Art Director, Information Architect, UI/UX Designer, Web/Graphic Design)
Atrilogy has been recognized by Inc. magazine as one of the nation's fastest-growing, privately-held companies. Headquartered in Irvine, California, Atrilogy also has offices in Denver, Phoenix, Atlanta, and Dallas with satellite offices in Boston, Jersey City, Las Vegas, Seattle, and Delhi, India.
Atrilogy Solutions Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.