Network/Infrastructure Administrator/Consultant, Remote/Baltimore/DC/VA area
Our client is seeking a Network/Infrastructure Administrator/Consultant for a full-time direct hire opportunity.
This is not a 100% remote position. Mix of client site visits, in office when necessary and remote when appropriate.
Candidates applying to this position should be within commuting distance to either Hunt Valley, MD, Ellicott City, MD or Tyson's Corner, VA.
You’ll be working with the senior leadership and staff of our client's practice to develop technology strategy recommendations and implement infrastructure projects and improvements to a variety of clients across industries. You combine a passion for delivering excellent service with the ability to grasp and solve complex technical issues, while embracing new technologies and service platforms.
You'll also have a thorough understanding of how modern IT departments function: from helpdesk operations, ticketing systems, asset management, to network, system and application management and administration.
- Participate in technology assessments for our clients; executing tasks to determine current state, areas of risk, targets for improvement and assist in developing long term strategic IT goals, plans and budgets.
- Solve complex IT support issues; define and diagnose problems, conduct root-cause analysis, and plan and execute corrective measures.
- Assist in managing and supporting internal client IT environments to improve efficiency and service levels to match business requirements.
- Help our clients deploy, migrate, and secure modern public cloud solutions including Office 365, Azure, AWS, and various SaaS offerings.
- Assist in deploying remote work and collaboration solutions, training staff and end-users where appropriate, and developing support documentation and policy.
- 5+ years of progressive experience in IT roles supporting modern infrastructure, cloud, and remote work environments.
- Consulting experience is preferred but not necessary, however the flexibility to pivot between diverse client and projects while being accountable and responsible for your work and time is required.
- Professional approach, demeaner, and attitude. Able to take control when required, defer when necessary and have a sense of urgency to escalate issues appropriately.
- A passion for this work. You wake up excited and interested to learn new things, solve complex problems with a positive attitude, deploy business enhancing IT systems and you work well with others, including members of our team or supporting our client's internal staff.
- Ability to learn, share and teach technical information with non-technical staff to accelerate system adoption for our clients.
- Can work independently and, at times, with minimal oversight.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) and ability to develop rapport with others.
- Cloud Infrastructure and environments such as Office 365, Azure, or AWS.
- Security infrastructure such as Firewalls, VPN, SIEM, Managed AV, or vulnerability detection and analysis.
- Disaster recovery, backup and redundancy strategies and solutions with cloud, appliance, and software solutions.
- Bachelor's degree in a technical or business focused program, or demonstrated pursuit of relevant and current technical certifications and self-improvement activities.
Demonstrated competence in more than one of the following technical areas:
Ideal candidate will have some advanced Office 365 and Azure experience, but isn’t afraid of getting into IT other problems, projects and working with internal teams.
- Windows Server/Desktop, Active Directory, GPO, system administration functions.
- Remote Desktop Services, Windows Virtual Desktop, or other similar technologies.
- MFA and identity solutions including Okta or Azure MFA.
- Intune and Azure AD management.
- Virtualization and SAN experience.
- Desktop support and delivery including disk and system imaging and deployment management.
- VoIP phone systems, Teams, and other remote collaboration platforms.
- Managed infrastructure systems such as Meraki or Ubiquiti, site WIFI management and performance tuning.
- Only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
- No calls, inquiries, or Third Party Vendors please.
- We are an equal opportunity employer (Unable to sponsor H1B Visas).
Since 1988, The ACI Group, a Baltimore-based IT staffing firm, has been committed to hiring the industry’s leading professionals, and presenting exciting career opportunities. We have access to varied types of contract, permanent and contract-to-perm positions and offer a choice of employment options including a full benefits package.