Job Title: Network/Operations - Application Support Analyst
Location: Pershing Plaza NJ
Duration: 12 months CTH
***In the Kafka support role, the main focus for the candidate will be to work with application teams to resolve both production and non-production issues and to maintain the Kafka Plant.
- Responsibilities include testing and documenting new functionality, monitoring system performance and health, and disaster recovery testing and support.
- Off-hours and weekend support are requirements for the position.
- Implementing systems, but also support, administration and maintenance of already existing systems.
- Providing documentation and training staff in existing business information applications, testing system upgrades and business reports relevant to the company will also be necessary.
- Upgrades, releases and enhancements will need to be communicated to relevant departments. Users must also be aware of the changes.
- Must provide technical support to the users either in person, either via telephone or via e-mail.
- Ensure a better usability of the system, by enhancing it. Manage different development tasks.
- Experience with administrating systems, have demonstrable support, and report writing skills.
- Must have advanced Microsoft skills in Word, Access and Excel, but also in Linux.
- Implementing new software can mean that an application support analyst will also take the entire project management under his wing.
- This means that, before the final testing and implementation of the product, he will have to write a business case.
- Must support and comply with the corporate strategies, plans and policies, as with any development initiative, such as customer service improvements.
- Because of the level of involvement, application support analysts must sometimes also ensure proper care of company equipment.
- Should have advanced data extraction, analysis and logical problem solving skills.
- Possess application functionality and data management concepts.
- Good communication and business skills are also required.