Perform functions to plan, execute, maintain updates, and implementations of network and security solutions in support of company requirements. Responsible for establishing technology standards, installation, configuration, upgrading, administration, maintenance, and security of the network, servers, security and other general resources. Provide support for any range of technology related assignments; propose solutions based on conclusions for which there is little precedent.
- Partner with engineering, leadership, and team members to develop and maintain enduring business relationships.
- Responsible for ensuring continuity of services and compliance.
- Develop trusted partnerships that foster an environment of common understanding of mutual and specific business requirements relating to networking, security, and related architecture standards.
- Work with project management to implement new projects and ensure compliance with current standards.
- Plan, execute, and maintain software and hardware system implementations and upgrades.
- Collaborate with business units, vendors, project management, and third party IT contractors to test solutions, resolve issues, and implement solutions.
- Work from project service level agreements and comprehensive project plans to ensure that results meet quality standards and client expectations.
- Review and maintain the status of all network, servers, and security throughout all systems.
- Monitor status and availability of all network, servers, security tools, and applications.
- Download, review, approve, implement, and test system patches including security updates.
- Identify options and recommendations for future standards best aligned with overall IT and business strategy and partner requirements.
- Seek new solutions for the compliant design and development of future network and security systems including software, hardware, and applications.
- Assist with and provide support to team members accountable for any range of network, security, database or other technology projects and assignments, as required.
- Responsible for the implementation, maintenance, and integration of LAN, WAN, and systems architecture.
- This individual will also be responsible for implementation and administration of network security hardware and software, enforcing the network security policy and complying with requirements of external security audits and recommendations.
- Performing analysis of network security needs and contributes to design, integration, and installation of hardware and software.
- Respond to any range of client technical requests or Technology Services infrastructure issues, where solutions may require after hours support.
- Provide Level 3 support within the Service Level Agreements and standards.
- Respond and provide support requests via the Help Desk ticket system.
- Assist to provide training, documentation, expertise, technical solutions, and assistance to those providing Level 1 and Level 2 support.
- Document technical findings as knowledge base documents or FAQs in Help Desk system.
- Perform or assist with any operations, as required to maintain workflow and to meet schedules and quality requirements.
- Participate in any variety of meetings and work groups to integrate activities, communicate issues, obtain approvals, resolve problems and maintain specified level of knowledge pertaining to new developments, requirements, and policies.
- On-call rotation schedule and work may be required.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Trusted business relationship builder and maintainer with reputation for transparent, trustworthy, and clear communications.
- Knowledge of fundamental IT concepts, practices, and procedures with broad knowledge of technology and solutions.
- Clear depth of knowledge in Information Technology fundamentals, current best practice and standards, along with emerging resources and practices.
- Demonstrate excellent customer service and support skills.
- Consistently manages multiple priorities and completing assignments while meeting commitments.
- Cisco knowledge and/or certification are a plus.
- Demonstrable network, systems, security, and firewall knowledge.
- Knowledge of Visio for network designs & documentation.
- Familiar w/ routing protocols such as OSPF, IGRP, EIGRP, RIP, BGP, and MPLS
- IPS/IDS and data loss prevention.
- Must have a strong understanding of TCP/IP, UDP, ICMP, HTTP, SSL, SMTP, NetBIOS protocols, cryptography, wireless access, IP routing and telecommunications.
- Advanced OSI Model knowledge.
- Monitor security events and conduct regular reviews of log files, platforms, products, and services.
- Maintain awareness of latest security risks, exploits and vulnerabilities and apply remediation as required.
- Provide subject matter expertise within the following realms of security: access control systems, cryptography, operations security, security architecture and models, network, application, and Internet security.
- Proven strength in positive listening, oral, and written communications with the ability to clearly and effectively communicate technical information to non-technical users.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business or a related field, and/or
- Seven to ten years of experience in increasingly responsible network and security design and engineering positions.
- CCNA, Security, CISSP, Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) preferably in Core areas of Network, VMWare knowledge, Security and related fields, (preferred).
- ITIL Foundation Certification a plus.
- Regular, dependable attendance required.
For immediate response please forward resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
For a list of our current openings please visit Valintry's Jobs Webpage
Please note: This client is not accepting candidates submitted by other staffing firms or agencies at this time. Self-employed corp-to-corp candidates are welcome. Thank you.