Network/Sys Admin (mixed OS - Linux, Windows, MAC) Opening in Lexington, MA!
Apex Systems combines with parent company On Assignment to make it the 2nd largest IT staffing agency in the country.
Apex has an opportunity for a Network/Sys Admin (mixed OS - Linux, Windows, MAC)
in the Lexington MA
area. Some remote work is possible.
For applicants who are interested in this Network/Sys Admin
opportunity; please send a Word resume to Molly Ackerman, Technical Recruiter, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Here are the details: Position: Network/Sys Admin (mixed OS - Linux, Windows, MAC) Location: Lexington MA (some remote work possible) Rate: Negotiable based on experience Duration: 1-3 years + Position Description:
- Maintains operation of multi-user computer systems, including coordination of infrastructure and cloud responsibilities. Develops and designs core operating system builds. Responsible for coding, virtualization, and automation of systems. Sets up administrator and service accounts, maintains an active directory of users and system documentation, tunes system performance, installs system-wide software, and allocates mass storage space. Assesses and resolves user access problems related to security controls to minimize business impact and risk exposure. Identifies and evaluates vendor products and establishes vendor monitoring and tracking processes. Performs capacity planning and monitors/tunes systems. Recommends appropriate platforms for purchase, coordinates installation, and provides backup recovery. Serves as a point of escalation for major incidents that are unresolved at the helpdesk level. Develops and monitors policies and standards for allocation related to the use of computing resources. May draft general IT communications to end-users including notifications of outages/downtimes. May serve as the primary liaison for mergers, acquisitions, and divesture activities as it relates to user access, network, security, and support.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills
• A solid understanding of Windows, Linux, Mac and network administration (including OS installation and patching
• Experience maintaining servers (patch management, storage management)
• Ability to write Bash, Python, VBScript, or Windows PowerShell scripts
• Liaison with internal Information Services and Security Services Departments to comply with security requirements
• Strong problem-solving skills
• Self-directed, eager to learn, and works well alone or in a team
• Can present to an internal audience on hardware/software issues and security policies
• Ability to write purchase justifications Desired Skills (not required but candidate will have exposure to these skills in this role):
- Active government clearance
Candidates must be US citizens able to obtain and/or maintain a Department of Defense security clearance as a condition of employment Additional Benefits:
For this opportunity, you will also be eligible for benefits through Apex for the contract period, 401K, medical/health benefits options, a W2 hourly rate, weekly pay, and direct deposit! Perks: any selling points about the role/company
10 days PTO
6 paid holidays
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at email@example.com
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at firstname.lastname@example.org or 844-463-6178.