Join SAIC's Information Technology (IT) Support Services Team in the Network Operations and Security Center (NOSC) of the US Air Forces Central Command (USAFCENT) Communications Directorate (A6). This opportunity places you at the tip of the spear for Engineering, Operations and Maintenance, Cyber Security, and Defensive Cyber Operations supporting the warfighter in the Southwest Asia area.
USAFCENT is the air component of United States Central Command (USCENTCOM), a regional unified command. USAFCENT, in concert with its coalition, joint and interagency partners, delivers decisive air and space power on behalf of USCENTCOM for the security and stability of the Southwest Asia (SWA) region. The USAFCENT NOSC delivers cyberspace command and control (C2) superiority to the warfighter by engineering, implementing, securing, managing, operating and maintaining USAFCENT's Non-Classified Internet Protocol Router Network (NIPRNet), Secret Internet Protocol Router (SIPRNet), USCENTCOM Partner Networks (CPN-X), and associated C2 networks, systems and services.
The USAFCENT NOSC executes the full-spectrum of IT services management and operations for USAFCENT networks 24 hour-a-day, 7 day-a-week (24/7); and is tasked by USCENTCOM to provide information assurance (IA) boundary intrusion detection and intrusion prevention for USCENTCOM components. Comprised of NOSC operations, operations support, cybersecurity, network engineering, and command support functions, the USAFCENT NOSC plans, engineers, installs, integrates, operates and maintains, protects and manages enterprise-wide network and systems architecture, infrastructure and services; and provides enterprise-level oversight to its subordinate and supported communications support activities.
Candidates will be working at Shaw AFB, SC and/or Lackland AFB, TX. Frequent temporary duty (TDY) and/or deployment travel to OCONUS locations in the USCENTCOM AOR is required to support sustainment, site surveys, installations, upgrades, integration, testing, troubleshooting and other mission-related requirements.
The candidate for this position develops solutions to a variety of problems, moderate in scope and complexity, and may refer to policies, procedures and practices. Further, this individual possesses complete understanding and wide application of principles, concepts, practices, and standards, has full knowledge of industry practices, performs assignments in the form of objectives and establishes goals to meet outlined objectives, administers company policies that directly affect employees, and recommends changes to team policies.
Network/Systems Training and Curriculum Development:
- Develops, directs, plans and evaluates training programs or activities to meet external customer or internal employee learning objectives. Assignments may include needs analysis, custom course development, development of criteria for evaluating the effectiveness of course objectives, and evaluation and learning assessments. Where instructing within a certified educational institution, responsible for determining the organization, communication and delivery of the course content and materials, and for developing learning activities and demonstrations.
- Collaborates with customer or internal functional organization to develop, enhance, and/or evaluate new or existing learning objectives and course content. May create course content, training materials, visual aids and documentation to support a variety of instructional formats such as lecture, lab exercises, field training, computer-based training (CBT), and/or web-based training (WBT). May develop exam materials and may be responsible for testing and qualitative evaluation of participant's attainment of learning objectives.
- Monitors and evaluates training programs, assesses results, and implements enhancements as needed. Trainers may also administer training programs to meet student needs, which may require post-training follow up to determine applicability of course material or training approaches.
Specific duties for this position include, but are not limited to:
- Develop training lesson plans and accompanying educational materials.
- Train NOSC and deploying personnel on current software and equipment used by the NOSC and at deployed locations. Training includes, but not limited to, Microsoft, Cisco, and Linux OS. Training also requires familiarity with applicable/associated hardware for Sun, Cisco, ODS, and various x86 processor based servers equipment. Training for new technologies will be provided by the government and the Senior Network/System Training Curricular Development SME must be capable of translating/tailoring the training for the use of the NOSC. Training development requires traditional training materials to be converted to web or CD-ROM base media on an as required basis.
- Source a wide variety of LAN/WAN training courses from both Air Force and commercial training sites in support of USAFCENT mission; schedule personnel for training courses; develop in-house training classes/seminars; schedule and conduct in-house networking technology training classes; conduct and facilitate On-the-Job Training; evaluate, analyze, and document critical work center tasks; develop work center training plan in accordance with applicable Air Force training standards, instructions, and regulations; track and document employees training progression; certify employees ability to perform tasks. Assess the applicability of commercial training to be integrated in to the NOSC training plan.
- Manage the NOSC training room/facility, and associated lab, including the training servers and student PCs.
- Identify necessary equipment and materials necessary to accomplish/meet the training objectives. Maintain an automated scheduling database for the training lab.
- Provide sourcing, scheduling, and documenting training. Contractor shall be required to conduct training. The trainer will develop new curriculum to meet current and future training requirements from scratch.
- Provide oversight other training managers to include scheduling their work to support approved training requirements.
- Develop training plans, training aids, and training records for networking professionals.
- Primary duties include training deploying personnel, writing lesson plans and training material, maintaining the training facility and associated lab equipment to include setup and tear down for each class, maintaining web-based scheduling and training materials, and teaching reoccurring training courses to NOSC personnel and other contractors.
- Establish training programs to meet local knowledge and skill requirements and to enhance professional awareness of the technologies utilized in the NOSC work center as well as at deployed Network Control Center locations.
- Contractor shall develop portable training materials to be delivered over multiple media, including traditional classroom, web-based, and CD-ROM based training.
Bachelors and six (6) years or more of related experience; Masters and four (4) years or more experience; PhD and 0 years related experience. In addition the following certifications or skills are required: Security + CE or CCNA-Sec, Unix, VCA, Firewall, MCSE Server Infrastructure, CCNP, MCT or CITT or Military equivalent, ITIL Foundation. Desired Qualifications
ITIL 4 Foundation certification or any ITIL v3 Intermediate certification. Any equivalent IAT-II certification, if not the certification listed above.
My SAIC Benefits.