Location: Fort Irwin, CA
The Network/VTC Administrator works within a cohesive team environment and supports a medium Government client with multiple locations. The Network Administrator is responsible for maintaining industry and government IT compliance standards via scheduled deployments, patching, managing and maintaining, configuring, monitoring, and troubleshooting network routers, switches and encryption devices on both Classified (SIPRNet) and Unclassified (NIPRNet) environment. This position focuses on ensuring production systems are secure, tuned for optimum performance, delivering required information to end-users, and interacting properly with Wide Area networks (WANs). Maximize network environment monitoring performance; troubleshooting network problems and outages; scheduling upgrades; collaborating with System Integration network architects. The Network Administrator will interface with other stakeholders and attend meetings, generate reports, and provide recommendations for enhancements and improvements. In addition, the Network Administrator will be the Primary Video Teleconference (VTC) Facilitator responsible for scheduling, conducting, and troubleshooting all VTC related activities in our Common User VTC Suite.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: (Not listed in order of importance; other duties may be assigned) and must be able to perform the following with minimal guidance:
* Primary VTC Facilitator - scheduling, conducting, and troubleshooting on both Classified and Unclassified networks
* Ensure compliance with policies and procedures including DoD STIG requirements in order to continually prep for RMF and CCRI inspections
* Develop and maintain documentation (Visio experience a must) of all processes associated with administration of the network and duties performed by the Network Infrastructure Branch.
* Establishes network specifications by conferring with users; analyzing workflow, access, information, and security requirements; designing router administration, including interface configuration and routing protocols
* Establishes network by evaluating network performance issues including availability, utilization, throughput, and latency; planning and executing the selection, installation, configuration, and testing of equipment; defining network policies and procedures; establishing connections and firewalls
* Maintains network performance by performing network monitoring and analysis, and performance tuning; troubleshooting network problems; escalating problems to vendor
* Secures network by developing network access, monitoring, control, and evaluation; maintaining documentation
* Perform system integrity and connectivity tests to ensure system availability
* Other duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education / Experience / Certifications
* Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, and related work experience (relevant experience - field preferred - and education may be considered in lieu of a degree)
* 5+ years of experience in network administration working with networking equipment specifically, including maintenance and upgrades
* Must possess and maintain an IT I level certification IAW AR 25-2 and an IAT II certifications IAW DoD 8570.01-M
* Cisco, Juniper, and General Dynamics (TACLANEs) training
* CCNA minimum, CCNP preferred
* Candidate must have solid knowledge of information of STIGs (Security Technical Implementation Guide), security principles and practices, as well as an advanced understanding of security protocols and standards.
* Strong knowledge of networking, including: TCP/IP, Vlans, Ethernet, switching, routing and routing protocols (BGP/OSPF), 802.1Q, and DNS.
* 802.1x experience is desired
* Proven experience in a network administrator role
* Hands on experience in networking, routing and switching
* Excellent knowledge of best practices around management, control, and monitoring of server infrastructure
* Experience with firewalls, Internet VPN's remote implementation, troubleshooting, and problem resolution is desired
* Ability to set up and configure server hardware
* Familiarity with backup and recovery software and methodologies
* Strong technical aptitude and ability to research & solve complex issues independently.
* Ability to effectively communicate issues and resolutions to all levels of the organization.