Title: Network / Systems Engineer
Location: Miami, FL
Duration: 6 month contract to hire
Compensation: Depends on experience
Work Requirements: , Holders or Authorized to Work in the US
TekPartners has some of the most sought after Information Technology positions available. As a reputable company in the IT staffing industry, you can trust us to place you in the right position. We currently have an opportunity for a Network / Systems Engineer in Miami, Florida.
• Work as a systems engineer, providing technical services across multiple data centers, provisioning, installing, maintaining, and decommissioning server hardware and virtual resources.
• Oversee the safety, security, availability, quality, and performance of the team, while driving a positive customer experience across multiple shift schedules.
• Strategic planning and forecasting; manage team and individual performance; delivering performance reviews, and address staffing needs.
• Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and procedures.
• Mentor, train, and develop career progression for direct reports and members of the organization.
• Coordinate support of physical resources in partnership with electrical and mechanical operations teams.
• Provide hands-on technical leadership and direction to the team of compute engineers
• Bachelor's or master's degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Technology, or related field (In lieu of a degree, equivalent, relevant work experience may be considered.)
• 7+ years of cumulative experience with information technology infrastructure domains such as compute server platforms, storage server platforms, server components, network devices, cabling best practices and IT service delivery principles and best practices
• It'd be nice to have 5+ years working with healthcare, pharma, financial services, or other regulated industries and have and understanding of the unique security and compliance requirements
• 3+ years of experience in managing Data Center co-location providers
• 3+ years of data driven experience to demonstrates initiative and proactively seeking solutions to problems
• Significant knowledge and hands-on experience in the following IT infrastructure concepts and solutions: Compute Infrastructure for both on-premise and cloud, Windows Server, Active Directory, hyperconverged infrastructure, disaster recovery, high availability architectures, IIS and web application configuration, securing operating systems, Microsoft Azure and AWS Cloud infrastructure, monitoring and security controls of operating systems, and Linux management.
• Hands-on Working knowledge of Windows 2008, 2012 R2, 2016 and 2019 preferred
• Enterprise Systems Administration knowledge in environments with more than 250 servers preferred
• Plus points for knowledge and hands on skills in automation and orchestration (Puppet, Chef, Ansible, Azure Automation)
• Plus points if you have knowledge of CMS and HIPPA guidelines.
• More plus points if you are able to communicate effectively in English and Spanish