Network Admin/Engineer - Shiloh, IL - Full time permanent $55-65K
This position will be responsible for the design and implementation of security and network devices on the WAN and LAN network. This position will participate in the design, maintenance and monitoring of the bank network. This position will also participate in the design, maintenance, and monitoring of the bank phone system. Day-to-day duties outlined below.
- Monitor current network environment
- Design, install, maintain and monitor the FortiGate firewalls.
- Establishes networking environment by designing system configuration; directing system installation; defining, documenting, and enforcing system standards.
- Maximizes network performance by monitoring performance; troubleshooting network problems and outages; scheduling upgrades; collaborating with other IT Staff on network optimization.
- Secures network system by establishing and enforcing policies; defining and monitoring access.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Accomplishes information systems and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
- Reporting network operational status by gathering, prioritizing information; managing projects.
- Design, install, maintain and monitor the Mitel phone infrastructure.
- Use knowledge of the phone system and data network to optimize reliability and usability of voice communications.
Knowledge & Experience
- Proven experience and success with LAN and WAN design and implementation.
- Proven experience with network capacity planning, network security principles, and general network management best practices.
- Proven experience with VOIP phone systems.
- Excellent hardware troubleshooting experience.
- Competence with testing tools and procedures for voice and data circuits.
- Highly skilled in Visio network diagraming.
- Good understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives.
- Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws.
- Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
- Strong Network documenting skills.
- Able to conduct research into networking issues and products as required.
- Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language.
- Highly self-motivated and directed, with keen attention to detail.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Able to effectively prioritize tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
Education & Certifications:
- The Network Engineer will have a bachelor’s degree and 4 years related experience, an associate’s degree with 6 years of related experience, or 8 years related experience
- Three current applicable networking certifications preferred.
- Project management, FortiGate, and Mitel experience is a plus.
- Group Life and Long-Term Disability
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- 401 (k) Plan with company match
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Paid vacation, holiday, sick, and personal time
- Tuition reimbursement