Thrive is a rapidly growing technology solutions provider focusing upon Cloud, Cyber Security, Networking, Disaster Recovery and Managed Services. Our corporate culture, engineering talent, customer-centric approach, and focus upon “next generation” services help us stand out amongst our peers. Thrive is on the look-out for individuals who don’t view their weekdays spent at “a job”, but rather look to develop valuable skills that ignite their passion and lead to a CAREER. If you’re attracted to a “work hard, play hard” environment, seeking the guidance, training and experience necessary to build a lucrative career, then welcome to THRIVE!!
We are currently seeking a Network Administrator to work within the engineering team to serve our growing client base in the greater Boston area. Network Administrators have responsibility for both onsite and remote client support, including heavy interaction with end-users in diverse computing environments. Engineers are challenged daily working in an energetic, fast moving, collaborative, demanding & results-oriented work environment. Thrive is looking to hire individuals who demonstrate technical proficiency, have strong verbal and written communication skills and have the desire to learn and be involved in all aspects of IT. Thrive provides a unique work environment for ambitious individuals through an unparalleled diversity of work and opportunities for growth.
- Analyze and document an unfamiliar client / server network environment while assessing the quickest path to resolution for a particular incident affecting the network.
- Review of incident post-mortem and providing RFOs both internally and externally as necessary to inform them of resolution
- Perform rapid analysis of networking incidents and consistently demonstrate the ability to determine the cause
- Ability to handle diverse infrastructure/network environments in a wide cross section of business clients
- Develop client standards based on Thrive best practices and document as well as evaluate needs across client base
- Troubleshoot and research infrastructure/network level issues and network level issues independently
- Vast technical understanding and ability to understand escalation notes and quickly determine and resolve complicated technical issues
- Monitor the service desk service board for escalated service cases
- Prioritize cases escalated from Network Engineers
- Ensure that open service cases are escalated and addressed appropriately from Network Engineers
- Follow Thrives’ best practices for escalating cases from Network Engineers
- Escalate when necessary senior most engineer for further review/troubleshooting
- Work with internal teams to provide consulting to clients on infrastructure/networking best practices
- Provide escalated support, mentoring, and technical leadership to other engineers in the department
- While working in client environments, identify opportunities for improvement and capture those opportunities in central information system
- Identify reoccurring issues that are being dealt with in the support center and develop a plan to resolve via problem management
- Constant review of security best practices in relation to client environments to uncover and proactively resolve any potential risks through change management
- Work directly with Team Lead to implement designated standards across customer base to improve service delivery
- Resolution of incidents related to, but not limited to the following:
- Infrastructure/Networking issues including but not limited to: SSLVPN, Site to Site VPN, Access Rules
- Design, deploy, and maintain client LANs, WANs, and wireless networks, including routers, firewalls, and switches.
- Secures network system by establishing and enforcing policies and defining and monitoring access
- Provide upgrade recommendations on new and existing equipment, hardware, and software upgrades
- Monitor network performance and troubleshoot problem areas as needed.
- Monitor and test network performance and provide network performance statistics and reports.
- Updating network equipment to the latest firmware release
- Bachelor’s Degree, Technical Degree or equivalent work experience
- Excellent problem solver; able to prioritize and coordinate between tasks
- 6+ years network support experience
- Self-motivated, has ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Experience designing network architectures inclusive of LAN/WAN networking
- Experience troubleshooting network configuration and hardware issues
- Knowledge and experience with infrastructure/network technologies
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to articulate technical information and convey to non-technical people
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to follow previously documented process while notifying management of variables that have not been clarified
- Is available to work after hours when necessary or for on call rotation if applicable
- Must be able to work effectively in a team environment as well as alone
- CompTIA Net +
- NSE 4
- NSE 7