Network Administrator Fort Worth, Texas
The ability to obtain and maintain a Top Secret security clearance
If your experience aligns with this position, please email an updated resume and best time to talk.
Apex Systems has a great team consisting of experienced and knowledgeable managers who lead and support the career development objectives of our employees. Our employees consider the company to be a solid partner in their career, with an abundance of opportunities for advancement.
The EOC is currently seeking a talented Tier 2 Network Administrator with an active TS/SCI clearance to provide monitoring, maintenance and advanced support of voice, data, and/or video communications networks across the Enterprise. The successful candidate will be responsible for providing 1st level resolution and customer support to all customer managed networks. Using customer outage tracking software, the candidate must be able to accurately document all critical network and/or VTC outages. The main tools utilized for this position at the NOC include: HPNA, HP NNMi, Putty, SharePoint, GEM, WhatsUpGold, Cisco IOS, and various network monitoring and analysis tools as required.
Provide full lifecycle support for Customer Data; Video and Voice communications services in CONUS and OCONUS locations; including the installation; testing; operation; maintenance; and management of designated network communications systems and associated equipment for FBI managed infrastructures for all levels of security classification in accordance with applicable NSA regulations.
Able to identify, analyze, and resolve operating/hardware network system problems.
- Basic network troubleshooting techniques and experience.
- Ensure compliance with network security policies and procedures.
- Assist in the development of the policies and procedures as they pertain to the network environment.
- Proactively manage the Enterprise Network for resource availability.
- Create and report all outage notifications and network related issues according to standard operating procedures.
- Knowledge of BGP and OSPF routing protocols.
- Knowledge of both LAN and WAN troubleshooting.
- GEM experience for monitoring and configuration of crypto equipment.
- Experience with WAN circuit technologies (T1, DS3, OC-3, OC-12, OC-192).
- Basic knowledge of CISCO and Juniper routers and switches along with VTC network hardware and software tools listed above.
- Basic knowledge of operating systems and applications as they pertain to the network environment.
- Participate in engineering projects or upgrades as tasked by management.
- Process RMA's for CISCO and other equipment as required.
- Provide After Action Reports (AARs) for Problem Management resolution.
- Experience with programming and troubleshooting KG-175A and KG-175D encryptors (to include 10G encryptors).
- Provides system/equipment/specialized training and technical guidance to lower tier employees.
- Monitor network router/switch status, respond to network alarms, and respond to associated problems routed by the EOC Customer Support staff. If remote access to network devices cannot be managed, provide telephone support to the local Field Office ITS support staff
- Resolve or escalate tickets received from the Service Desk
- Remotely access routers, switches, Taclanes, and other equipment to provide support
- Manage connection outages, bandwidth utilizations and peaks
- Create network reports using Riverbed to show problem trends
Strong Communication Skills - verbal and written
Intermediary problem analysis and problem solving skills
Attention to detail and accuracy within documentation
Able to interact with Customer via phone, email, and VTC
Adaptability to 24/7 environment
Able to work independently within a Team Concept
Shift Work is required (work center is 24/7).
Position requires the candidate to pass the CI Poly.
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at or