This position is for a Network Administrator who will provide operational support for the network environment. The Network Administrator will work as part of a team responsible for the Wide Area Network and Local Area Networks at many sites. Services supported include basic connectivity to the desk, WiFi, firewalls, Remote Access VPN, Business-to-Business VPN and connectivity to the AWS environment. This position requires the ability to obtain and maintain nuclear security clearance.
This position also requires the ability to take occasional day trips to various sites in the PA / NJ / MD area.
Duties, Activities and Responsibilities
1. Design, testing and operational support of network solutions; technologies include Cisco routers and switches, AT&T MPLS / AWS Netbond, Cisco Wireless LAN Controllers, Palo Alto firewalls, Palo Alto GlobalProtect VPN, FortiNet firewalls, and SolarWinds monitoring
2. Contribute to the design of standard network infrastructure solutions and services
3. Work in a team environment to provide network solutions in support of Talen’s business projects
4. Working in a cross-functional manner across server, storage and database technologies to ensure network solutions integrate well across all infrastructure components
5. Investigate and test new network features, define product roadmaps and develop strategies for implementing features across the Talen environment
6. Facilitate implementation of network changes across Talen with minimal business disruption
Candidates must meet these Basic Qualifications to receive consideration
1. Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Management or a technical field
2. Multiple years experience as a Network Administrator
1. Experience designing and supporting network solutions with Cisco, Palo Alto, FortiNet and SolarWinds
2. Experience supporting WAN connectivity into an Amazon Web Services (AWS) environment
3. Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills
4. Strong written and verbal communication skills, good interpersonal skills and the proven ability to work in a team environment
Reasonable Accommodation Statement: If you require a reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employment selection process, please direct your inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org or (888) 824 – 8111.
This email is only intended for candidates who need an accommodation or assistance completing the application or interview process and will not be reviewed by CAI’s talent acquisition team. All interested applicants who do not need an accommodation or assistance completing the application must apply on CAI’s career portal for consideration https://www.cai.io/careers/career-portal/
EEO Statement: It is the policy of Computer Aid, Inc.(CAI) not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or because he or she is a protected veteran. It is also the policy of CAI to take affirmative action to employ and to advance in employment, all persons regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status, and to base all employment decisions only on valid job requirements. This policy shall apply to all employment actions, including but not limited to recruitment, hiring, upgrading, promotion, transfer, demotion, layoff, recall, termination, rates of pay or other forms of compensation and selection for training, including apprenticeship, at all levels of employment.
Employees and applicants of CAI will not be subject to harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or because he or she is a protected veteran. Additionally, retaliation, including intimidation, threats, or coercion, because an employee or applicant has objected to discrimination, engaged or may engage in filing a complaint, assisted in a review, investigation, or hearing or have otherwise sought to obtain their legal rights under any Federal, State, or local EEO law is prohibited.