Configuration and administration of network hardware (routers, switches, firewalls). Troubleshooting
network issues. Ensure compliance to departmental standards.
- Perform network troubleshooting to diagnose, isolate, and resolve common network access and performance problems.
- Prepare network reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data.
- Install and integrate new network hardware.
- Configure IPSEC VPN tunnels as needed for remote site connectivity.
- Troubleshoot routing and remote access issues.
- Works closely with Helpdesk and Server teams.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Works well with others. Interacts with all levels of staff.
- Emphasis on Information Security, understanding and enforcing corporate IT Policies.
Required Experience with:
- Proven experience in a network administrator role supporting a multi-site environment.
- Demonstrated knowledge of network technologies through achievement of Cisco CCNP, CCNA,
CCIE, and/or other professional certifications.
- Experience with Palo Alto Firewalls, Panorama, Advanced URL Filtering, Threat Prevention.
- Enterprise level routing and switching experience, BGP / EIGRP protocol experience, Spanning Tree, VLAN, Mapping, Q-in-Q and other layer 2 switching experience, Layer 3 routing experience.
- Security technologies (Firewalls, IDS/IPS, VPN, etc.).
- Enterprise network monitoring technologies.
- Documented experience with one or more of the following will be a plus:
- SolarWinds NPM, NCM
- Splunk Cloud management, searches and reporting.
- VOIP - Cisco CUCM, PCCE, Unity.
- QOS for voice and video in a multisite WAN environment.