About the Company:
Digestive Health Associates of Texas, P.A. (DHAT), is a large Gastroenterology group consisting of over 90 physicians with over 60 locations throughout the Dallas/Ft Worth area. We provide cost-effective, community-based health care services supporting the full spectrum of an individual’s digestive healthcare, with access and quality patient care unsurpassed in this area.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
Digestive Health Management is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We value our employees’ time and efforts. Our commitment to your success is enhanced by our competitive compensation package and future growth opportunities within the company. For full-time employees, we offer an extensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision benefits, basic and optional life insurance, short and long-term disability, flexible spending accounts, health savings account, 401(k) with company match and discretionary profit sharing, paid holidays, vacation, sick time, a competitive salary and an enjoyable work environment.
ABOUT THIS POSITION:
Under the general direction of the IT Director, the Network Administrator is responsible for providing day-to-day administrative and engineering support for the organization’s entire network infrastructure, hosting approximately 40 locations. The Network Administrator is responsible for supporting the daily operation of LAN/WAN/WLAN and VPN communications, including data traffic, data security, and patch management. This position is a member of the IT Team and he/she will work closely with other team members to collectively design, enhance and support the overall technical infrastructure of the organization.
PRIMARY JOB DUTIES:
The Essential Job Functions are:
- Manage Local Area Networks, Wide Area Networks, Wireless, Firewalls, Switches, Routers, Configuration Backups and other network-related systems
- Assist in efforts to develop, design, optimize, and document network topology and architecture to support systems reliability, security, scalability, management, data integrity and performance, including providing critical support in areas of network engineering configuration and deployment assistance
- Maintain routing equipment, firewall equipment, server systems and telecommunications systems
- Manage and frequently update network configuration settings for internal and external systems, including setting up DNS, DHCP, QoS, VPN, VLANs and firewall settings
- Create and modify router and switch configurations
- Provide escalation support for technical production (infrastructure) issues and follow through to satisfactory resolution
- Coordinate install, repair or maintenance of network and telecom hardware equipment
- Work with IT Service Desk Lead to maintain hardware and software inventory to ensure compliance and asset management
- Document and log changes to network equipment, computer systems, and other equipment
- Ensure development and use of an effective preventive maintenance program suitable to meet the operation objective of "99.99% availability"
- Accurately document all new system implementations and modifications to existing systems (moves, adds, changes)
- Research and provide expertise on integration of third-party software and tools
- Assist in Disaster Recovery planning, development and implementation
- Ensure compliance with IT Security and Governance processes, such as Change and Release as well as healthcare industry regulations
- Work with IT Director and Service Desk Lead to identify and implement technical and service improvements and Best Practice approaches
- Ensures technology documents/certificates such as product registrations, SSL certificates, maintenance agreements, service contracts, etc. related to technology operations and/or technology services are evaluated, updated and processed
- Ensures networks, workstations, operating systems and software applications are operational; ensures hardware and software is patched and/or updated; ensures all analog and broadband circuits are operational in accordance with vendor specifications
- Ensures the availability, continuity and security of data and information pertaining to the organization
- Maintains knowledge on current technology by reading technology periodicals, evaluating new technologies
- Develops and maintains an excellent working relationship throughout the organization, ensuring the department is well received and presented professionally and positively
- Respects confidentiality in discussing staff and organizational matters; also maintains confidentiality of organization, project, fiscal and personnel related information
- Reports to work regularly and on time, late hours and weekend schedules will be necessary at time
- Timely completion of all compliance training and testing
- All other duties assigned.
Qualifications & Certifications
- Requires minimum of 5 years hands-on experience in a similar role.
- Solid understanding of network protocols and ports (TCP/IP, SSH, FTP, ICA, HTTPS, etc.)
- Excellent written and oral communication
- Knowledge of applicable privacy practices and laws
- Cisco, Fortinet, Aruba, Silverpeak, VeloCloud certifications preferred
Responsibilities related to company mission, culture and engagement:
- Actively participate in achieving the company’s Mission, that being to optimize the health of our patients and community by providing compassionate, state of the art care to adults and children with digestive and liver diseases.
- Adhere to the company’s Code of Conduct, to conduct business with honesty, integrity, and in an appropriate manner for services provided, while ensuring that its business arrangements comply with relevant state and federal statutes and regulations.
- Consistently work on ways to engage our patients, improve their care experience and maintain strong relationships with referring physician offices and other referral sources.
- Create an environment of trust and healthy working relationships.
- Ability to adapt to changing healthcare environment and lead by example.
- Exemplify a “can do” attitude and commitment to excellence.
- Ability to work well under pressure with diverse groups of professionals and physicians
- Requires reasoning ability and good independent judgment
- Must demonstrate sensitivity to cultural differences within team and community
- May require working under stressful conditions and irregular hours
- May require working with frequent interruptions
- Work may involve prolonged periods of sitting, standing, lifting, bending, reaching and the ability to push or pull items weighing 30 pounds or less
- Required to operate computer keyboard, mouse, and monitor