IDA is an independent, non-profit, federally-funded research and development center that provides objective analyses to the Department of Defense and other federal government agencies.
Are you looking to advance your career in IT? We are looking for a self-starter who can leverage new technologies/languages to improve the end-user experience and drive productivity across the company. You will enjoy working with state of the art technology in a number of critical business areas, such as human resources, business intelligence, security, web portal design, business continuity, enterprise search, finance, etc.
With general supervision, this position administers, and maintains multiple data, voice, and video telecommunication networks, systems and software. Applies general professional-level knowledge to solve non-routine problems. Responsibilities include maintaining systems functionality, availability, security, and performance. Assists in the implementation of programs or projects that effect the organization's goals and objectives. Provides support of IT operational tasks and requirements. Maintains standards of configuration and adheres to IT best practices and corporate and security policy. Due to the nature of this position, and the requirement for extended coverage, this position may be required to work hours outside of a regular schedule.
- Provides operational support to network systems through troubleshooting, administration, and problem resolution with various networking components and technologies including routers, switches, Voice-over-IP (VoIP), MPLS, DMVPN, OSPF, etc.
- Assists in the system administration and deployment of Cisco VoIP solutions.
- Partners with Engineering teams to configure and deploy network systems and components such as routers, switches, and firewalls.
- Assists in the build of new networks to design specifications.
- Ensures all systems meet or exceed the business and security requirements.
- Follows standard operating procedures and processes.
- Provides technical support and resolution to a range of non-routine operational problems.
- Administers and maintains the classified and unclassified networks and telecommunication systems to ensure optimum performance and availability.
- Develops technical proficiency in IT technologies; keeps abreast of industry trends.
- Communicates all computer network, system and service problems and outages immediately to the Network and Server Operations Supervisor and/or EITO Manager.
- Responds to critical after hours support issues.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science or related field and one year minimum experience in Information Technology; OR, three years of experience in Information Technology in lieu of a degree.
- Possess working knowledge for managing and supporting IP-based network and telecommunication systems is a plus.
- Experience with IOS/NX-OS, InfoBlox, Ironport, and Riverbed a plus.
- Must be organized, self-motivated and able to work with general supervision.
- Ability to communicate effectively in both written and verbal form and with all levels of employees; possess good interpersonal skills.
- Must be willing to work hours outside of a regular schedule.
U.S. Citizenship is required
Ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance is required
Equal Opportunity Employer