Job DescriptionJOB DESCRIPTION
The Navy Integrated Training Environment (NITE) Network Administrator is responsible for administration, maintenance, and cybersecurity defense of all Navy Enterprise Tactical Training Network (NETTN) client and server infrastructure used to support enterprise-wide modeling and simulation applications and services for NITE.
The candidate will work in close coordination with other team members and departments to update, monitor and maintain servers and workstations used throughout the enterprise. Additional duties include performing Microsoft Windows server administration, manage GPOs, create/modify DHCP reservations, patching and STIG'ing, as well as, authoring standard operating procedures, training junior personnel, and performing Tier 2 technical support. Individual must be able to work independently and work within a team.Qualifications:
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Information Systems or related discipline. In some cases, educational requirements may be adjusted for applicable work experience.
- Typically requires 7 + years of related experience
- Security+ or equivalent certification
- Server Focused highly desired
- Linux+ or Microsoft certification preferred
- Must currently hold and be able to maintain a US Secret security clearance
- Experience with Microsoft WSUS or SCCM
- Experience with Windows Servers 2016/2019 and Active Directory
- Windows desktop operating systems (WIN10 SHB)
- RedHat desktop operating systems (RHEL 7/8) experience highly desired
- Experience digesting and implementing DoD Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIG)
- Experience with patching Microsoft servers and workstations
- Experience with VMware
- Familiarity with VDI technologies and protocols
- Strong technical troubleshooting skills
- Ability to read and digest technical information
- Ability to troubleshoot technical issues within multiple systems
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong customer focus, the ability to manage customer needs and multiple work priorities
- Must possess excellent oral and written communication skills
- Experience installing release upgrades highly preferred
Security Clearance: Secret
Telework - Not EligibleDiversity Statement
We are an EOE that values our employee's talent - regardless of gender, race, ethnicity, national origin, sexual orientation, religion or other protected characteristics - Your Talent Is Our Strength
. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and Veterans are encouraged to apply. Alion will provide a reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans who need assistance to apply. Please visit the Alion Careers site for more information. U.S. Citizenship Required for the majority of our positions.
HII's Mission Technologies division develops integrated solutions that enable today's connected, all - domain force. Capabilities include C5ISR systems and operations; the application of AI and machine learning to battlefield decisions; defensive and offensive cyberspace strategies and EW; unmanned, autonomous systems; LVC solutions; platform modernization; and critical nuclear operations. Together, HIIs domain expertise and advanced technologies support mission partners anywhere around the globe. For more information, visit tsd.huntingtoningalls.com.
HII's is a global engineering and defense technologies provider. With a 135 - year history of trusted partnerships in advancing U.S. national security, HII delivers critical capabilities ranging from the most powerful and survivable naval ships ever built, to unmanned systems, ISR and AI/ML analytics. HII leads the industry in mission - driven solutions that support and enable a networked, all-domain force. Headquartered in Virginia, HII's skilled workforce is 44,000 strong.