Position: Network Administrator IV (Flex)
The successful candidate will serve as the subject matter expert (SME) Subject Matter Expert (SME) for all core network systems, serving as Tier III echelon support for network Information Assurance (IA) devices to all units within a global enterprise network and provides escalated technical support to Tier II technicians. In conjunction with other integrated teams, Tier III also provides planning for enterprise IA boundaries for the installation and configuration of all IA network devices located throughout the enterprise, acting as a two-way conduit by consulting with and providing technical guidance to other client sections regarding the testing, planning, and implementation of new network IA devices, as well as facilitating the transition of new capabilities to operations when appropriate. Tier III SMEs also assists with the review of external or development of internal policies and plans related to enterprise operations in order to ensure standardization and compliance with Network Operations requirements throughout the organization.
Clearance Requirement: Active DoD – TS/SCI
Shift Schedule: The candidate will provide Flex support to the evening Watch Team Personnel. Normal schedule is Monday-Friday, 1800-0200. Fills in for Watch personal when they need time off or an employee resigns. Watch hours are 1800-0600, vary depending on the Team but are 3-on, 3-off, 4-on, 4-off Panama schedule.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Operates and maintains the network management and information architecture.
- Migrates users from the legacy networks.
- Maintains systems on-site in accordance with the Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM) recommended engineering and maintenance practices.
- Performs preventive maintenance, during non-core hours on the system including scheduled preventive maintenance such as periodic tests, inspections, and all other preventive maintenance services/practices recommended by the OEM and as specified in Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Performs maintenance after notification that equipment is inoperative and or malfunctioning.
- Provides service personnel trained and certified by the respective OEMs sufficient to ensure system performance and compliance with the maintenance requirements.
- Ensures all equipment is maintained in accordance with Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) guidelines, SOPs.
- Hardware/Software supported:
- Firewall – Palo Alto; Juniper SRX, Fortinet
- Router – Cisco, Juniper, BrocadeWeb Content Filtering – BlueCoat
- Wide Area Network (WAN) Optimization - Riverbed Steelhead
- Switch – Juniper, Cisco, Brocade
- Domaine Name System (DNS) – Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL), RHEL Syslog
- WAN Optimization – Riverbed Steelhead, F5 Load Balancers
- Other Technologies - F5 Load Balancers, Proxy (Symantec), Red Hat, TCP Dump, Packet Capture, Wireshark, DMVPN, CISCO ISE, Remedy, BGP, OSPF, ACL’s
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to follow policies and procedures
- Ability to communicate in a clear speaking voice as well as the ability to respond clearly to questions
- Aptitude to address negative situations, and resolve them in a positive manner
Education and Certification Requirements:
- Professional series Certification (e.g., RHCE, CCIE, JNCIE, CCNP, Fortinet NSE 5), IAT III, IAM III, IASAE II (CISA, GCIH, GCED, CASP, GSLC, CISM CISSP [or Associate])
Background and Experience:
7 years related experience
Preferred Technical Skills:
- Hardware: Palo Alto, CISCO, Juniper, F5, Fortigate
- Software: Cisco Internetwork Operating System (OS) (IOS), Cisco NX-OS, Junos, Red Hat, BIGIP, HPNA, Remedy, Cisco ISE
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- General office environment. Work is generally sedentary in nature, but may require standing and walking for up to 10% of the time. The working environment is generally favorable. Lighting and temperature are adequate, and there are not hazardous or unpleasant conditions caused by noise, dust, etc. Work is generally performed within an office environment, with standard office equipment available.
- Contractor site with 0-10% travel possible
- Possible off-hours work to support releases and outages
- 10 lbs. maximum lifting, occasional lift/carry of small articles
- Occasionally required to stand; frequently required to walk and sit
- Continually required to utilize hand and finger dexterity
- Occasionally required to climb, balance, bend, stoop, kneel or crawl
- Continually required to talk or hear
- Continually utilize visual acuity to operate equipment, read technical information, and/or use a keyboard
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or physical requirements. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Equal Employment Opportunity Veterans/Disabled