Description Job Description:At Leidos
, we deliver innovative solutions through the efforts of our diverse and talented people who are dedicated to our customers' success. Leidos is a Fortune 500™ company aimed at embracing and solving some of the world's most pressing challenges. Through science and technology, Leidos makes the world safer, healthier and more efficient.
Our Civil Group
offers an array of exciting career opportunities for the best IT, energy, logistics and engineering professionals. Driven by our talented workforce, the Integrated Missions Operation
builds trust through an array of energy-related IT, environmental science and engineering solutions to meet our customers' needs. We empower our teams, contribute to our communities, and operate sustainable. Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people, and our community. Our Mission, Vision, and Values guide the way we do business.Your greatest work is ahead! Are you ready to make an impact? Begin your journey of a flourishing and meaningful career, share your resume with us today!
Leidos has an opening for a Network Administrator for the DUF6 project in support of the United States nuclear security mission. This is an exciting opportunity to join a great team in support of a critical mission. Network Administrators provide assistance in day-to-day planning, installation, configuration, testing, operation, analysis and documentation of the entire network infrastructure. They provide network documentation and support as well as establishing and maintaining User accounts, User access privileges and security policies. The Network Administrator performs planning, installing, configuring, testing, operating, analyzing and documenting duties, as well as scheduled network status checks, troubleshooting and problem resolution.Key Capabilities: *** NOTE: While this is remote. Candidate must be within reasonable driving distance to Lexington, KY to assist with technical matters onsite approximately 5 times a year. Primary Responsibilities
- Have an advanced working knowledge in Cisco firewalls and switches.
- Maintain and configure Cisco Firepower technology.
- Have working knowledge of networking segregation.
- Work with Network Operations management and the IT Manager in planning, installation, and documentation of network topology.
- Create and maintain Layer 2/3 equipment's user's accounts and permissions.
- Maintaining firmware patch policies on supported equipment.
- Provide network support with a variety of operating systems.
- Maintain network connectivity of all computer workstations.
- Provide network support to users.
- Monitor network to ensure optimal performance.
- Test release of products to minimize user impact and ensure compatibility.
- Maintain virtual and physical servers and associated hardware, applications, services, and settings.
- Develop and monitor policies for the use of network resources.
- Implement and manage disaster recovery and back-up.
- Evaluate and recommend security improvements and system upgrades.
- Advanced working knowledge of VMWare to include setup, management, and daily operations.
- Requires a BS and 4 - 8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2 - 6 years of prior relevant experience. 10 years experience will be considered in lieu of a degr
- Experience with network services (BGP, OSPF, DHCP, DNS, TCP/IP, WAN, VPN, VLAN, VRF, etc) and network appliances (e.g., routers, load balancers, domain name servers, firewalls).
- Strong knowledge and experience managing and deploying Cisco Firepower
- Network engineering, problem management, and performance management experience.
- Knowledge of implementing, administering, performing testing, and analyzing network systems.
- Understanding of basic telecommunications and information technology terms and technology.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- US citizenship and eligible for a DOE L clearance
- Network certifications: Cisco Certifications (CCNA, CCNP, CCIE), Microsoft certifications (MCSE, etc.), security certifications (Security+ CE, CISSP, etc.).
- HP Nimble storage management experience
Leidos is growing! Connect with us on LinkedIn
We value and support the well-being and mobility of our employees with competitive benefit packages, complementary e-learning training, work-life flexibility, an exciting External Referral Program
, and a diverse, inclusive and ethical work place. In fact, in 2020, Leidos was ranked as one of the "World's Most Ethical Companies
" by the Ethisphere Institute for the third consecutive year.
Effective October 1, in order to enter Leidos facilities in the US and to attend Leidos business events outside our facilities, employees will be required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. Effective December 8, all Leidos employees must be fully vaccinated (2 weeks past final dose) unless they are entitled to a legal accommodation. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.Pay Range: