We are looking for a talented, diligent Network Administrator to maintain a reliable, secure, and efficient data communications network. The ideal candidate will be able to deploy, configure, maintain and monitor all active network equipment in order to ensure smooth network operation.
To be successful as a Network Administrator, you should have an excellent ability to solve problems using your in-depth understanding of network hardware, data center infrastructure, wireless infrastructure, Unified Communication infrastructure and network-based software applications running on local workstations. The best Network Administrator will also be a team player, willing to handle all support requests with courtesy and professionalism.
- Configures, installs, monitors and upgrades switches, routers, firewalls and VOIP systems.
- Configures and sets up wired and wireless LANs, including guest and 802.1x secure access scenarios.
- Cisco VOIP CUCM, UNITY, and Emergency responder management. Troubleshoots phone issues on VOIP and analog systems.
- Configures and sets up firewalls and routers for new or existing Internet or other secure applications requiring a site-to-site VPN and client remote access VPNs as well as SSL and tunneling.
- Implements backup and recovery systems for network devices.
- Performs analysis of network needs and contributes to hardware and software design, integration and installation.
- Maintains hardware and software support contracts.
- Provides investigation and incident response to network alarms.
- Communicates with stakeholders about network issues and provide future recommendations.
- Analyzes, troubleshoots and corrects network problems remotely and on-site.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Associate or Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, System Administration or a closely related field, or equivalent experience required.
- Three to five years of experience as a Network Administrator managing server/client-side technology and networked computing systems.
- CCNA or equivalent certification desired.
- Hands on experience with Cisco Switches, Routers, Firewalls.
- Computer proficiency and understanding of various types of hardware, operating systems and software.
- Knowledge of computer forensic tools, data loss prevention methods and disaster recovery methods
- Proven work experience in network and information security.
- Ability to work responsibly with or without direct supervision.
- Required to lift 25 pounds of equipment such as computers, servers and switches.
- Occasional physical activity is required, including walking, bending, stooping or climbing during equipment installation or maintenance.
- Must be able to meet the physical requirements of a post-job offer physical examination.
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Maintains a personal appearance appropriate for job position and image of Northern Water.
- Must be able to meet the physical requirements of a post job offer physical examination.
Please view our benefits here: https://www.northernwater.org/getmedia/530989ec-ca21-45cf-9fab-179f8615004f/NW-Benefits-Guide
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee.
Northern Water provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, genetics, veteran status or other legally protected characteristics. Northern Water complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. Northern Water also prohibits any form of workplace harassment in accordance with these laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $90,090.00 - $104,390 per year
Northern Water follows all County guidelines.