We have an exciting opportunity for a skilled Network / Systems Administrator. This is a permanent position with salary at 80-85k + Possible 7.5% Bonus, Amazing benefits, plus Profit Sharing & 401k Match. There is not currently a return to office date. They are going in as needed based off of project needs. A hybrid policy is not yet in place, but the manager suspects that there will be more leniency when they do go back to the office in that he doesn’t expect to be required in the office five days a week.
The Network Administrator’s role is to ensure stable operation of the server and network infrastructure. This includes planning, developing, installing, diagnosing, configuring, maintaining, supporting, and optimizing all server hardware, software, and supporting equipment. This person will analyze and resolve network infrastructure and application problems. They will provide end user training when required. The person will troubleshoot problems in person or by telephone, instant messaging, and/or email using remote tools. We do not expect an applicant to have all of these technologies.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Maintain Exchange Email environment.
• Monitor and maintain applications, including but not limited to Spam Filter, Antivirus, Proxy Services, SQL, VMware, Hyper-V, FTP/SFTP, IIS, & RDP
• Research and recommend server hardware and software
• Participate in a 24hr on call rotation
• Monitor and maintain network administration, including the review of system logs, optimization tuning, patch control, and antivirus DAT deployment
• Ensure proper and complete backups for recovery of all servers and databases
• Lead role in the scheduled upgrade of server and desktop applications.
• Monitor and maintain the health of Active Directory and DFS
• Ensure control of user accounts through the use of Group Policy
• Assist in monitoring and maintaining Website uptime with minimum scheduled downtime
• Maintain Cisco UCS Blade
• Maintain ESX host clusters and security
• Manage EMC VNX SAN environment
• Assist Manager with other duties as assigned
• Lead and assist networking team with assigned projects to ensure acceptable technology deployment and on time project completion
• Monitor local server room HVAC and UPS equipment
• Obtain quotes and order equipment as directed.
• Manage hardware and software support renewals
• Assist in planning, coordinating and consulting with vendors and clients for hardware/software purchases
• Create scripts as necessary to automate routine processes
• Ensure network infrastructure, including processes, is documented properly and kept up-to-date
• Assist in other areas of Information Systems as needed
• Prioritize issues and document resolution using helpdesk tracking software
• Provide level 2 escalation support to peers as part of an on-call rotation schedule during after-hours.
Minimum 2 yr. degree in Systems-related field or three years’ experience supporting and troubleshooting network administration issues. IT certifications in Microsoft, Linux, Cisco (CCNA, MCSA) preferred.
General Required Skills:
Proficient in Exchange, SQL Server, Red Hat Linux, VMware, Hyper-V, all Windows operating systems, IIS, LDAP, TCP/IP, DHCP, & DNS. EMC SAN, UCS Blade, Dell PowerEdge, Office 365, Cisco, JIRA, Backup Exec, Wireless technologies, VB programming and Data\Voice cable termination is a plus.