TCI has an immediate need for a BLAN Network Administrator in Kenai, AK. This is not a Corp2Corp opportunity. This is a long-term contract opportunity with the possibility of hire. In addition to competitive, market-rate based pay, TCI provides all our Consultants with Comprehensive Medical/Dental Insurance, 401k, Life Insurance and Long-Term Disability benefits.
Please note that this position requires ship or Permanent Residence.
Our enterprise level Client is the largest transportation fuels refiner in the Nation. Our Client is looking for candidates who seek a lifelong career opportunity with a very profitable company currently experiencing growth within the oil and gas industry. Contract job opportunities could lead to a permanent position with the company for the proven individual. Our Client offers cross training opportunities throughout their business structure. IT is a key asset which used in every business unit to drive efficiency and profitability. This is a once in a lifetime opportunity to join a leader in the industry.
The BLAN Network Administrator is responsible for providing operational and technical support the network infrastructure. The Network Administrator must work collaboratively with multi-disciplinary workgroups to seek solutions to problems. This position must champion compliance and change efforts which result in improved reliability and security of infrastructure services. It is expected that the candidate will always follow the personnel safety requirements
- This position will require some field work inside the refinery process units.
- Perform network administration on switches, routers, and firewall network devices.
- Monitor network device health and identify issues using common industry toolsets.
- Problem tracking, management, and resolution of issues in a 24/7 manufacturing location.
- Will be called upon to perform duties during off-hours on occasion as needed.
- Engage in auditing, compliance, and risk assessment processes.
- Ensure network device inventory is accurate.
- Administration of the physical cabling and IP address assignments to support the network communications.
- Review and Update network diagrams to accurately represent the physical connected IP network infrastructure.
- Identify, Analyze, and Elevate potential Cybersecurity events according to company procedures.
- Daily activities may also include network device backup administration, performance tuning, change control administration, network security detection administration, and self-auditing to ensure compliance with standards.
- Implement network solutions; ensuring standards are applied consistently.
- Administration of network device logging to identify security or reliability issues.
- Create and present project documentation for capital and expense projects.
- Recommend continuous improvement opportunities.
- Must have 4-7 years of overall practical and relevant work experience.
- Must have 2 or more years of experience in IT Infrastructure Administration.
- Minimum of an Associate’s Degree in a related field; Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Strong written, verbal communication, and time management skills.
- Travel Requirements: Up to 20%.