Job DescriptionJOB DESCRIPTION
The Navy Integrated Training Environment (NITE) Network Administrator is responsible for operating, maintaining, and troubleshooting network connectivity and infrastructure on the Navy Enterprise Tactical Training Network (NETTN). The candidate will support the operation and maintenance of multiple networks across different classification levels and ensure continuous network connectivity is maintained to customers and sites. This position will be in the Network Operations and Security Center (NOSC). The NOSC functions as the helpdesk for network operations support and provides troubleshooting of network connectivity including WAN circuits, equipment failures, router and switch configurations, firewall access control lists, VoIP device registrations and configuration, cryptographic device configurations and keying material. This includes coordination with Navy, DISA, and commercial circuit providers for implementation and troubleshooting; maintaining Information Assurance compliance including IOS upgrades, network device configuration changes, firewall ACL verification and changes; and supporting remote sites in restoring network failures. Qualifications:
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related discipline. In some cases, educational requirements may be adjusted or waived for applicable work experience.
- 10 + years demonstrated experience in network operations and support. Work experience may be adjusted for highly specialized knowledge or uniquely applicable experience.
- Security+ or equivalent certification required
- CCNP Certification or equivalent strongly preferred
- Must currently hold and be able to maintain a US Top Secret security clearance
- Experience in installing and troubleshooting WAN and LAN network equipment and circuits
- Strong experience in monitoring, maintaining and troubleshooting ASA firewall ACLs
- Strong ability to troubleshoot network issues at the protocol/packet level using sniffers, protocol analyzers, NetFlow, logging, etc.
- Strong technical network troubleshooting and critical thinking skills with the ability to troubleshoot technical issues within multiple systems
- Strong knowledge of Cisco Internetworking including IP addressing (subnets, CIDR), switching (VTP, VLANs, 802.1q, etc..) and routing (OSPF, EIGRP, BGP, PIM, multicast, etc.) and Cisco IOS
- Strong knowledge of IP networking fundamentals, OSI model, and frame/packet structure
- Experience in a network operations center environment including help desk, customer communication, trouble ticketing, and issue resolution
- Experience with Department of Defense Security Technical Implementation Guidelines
- Experience with network and performance monitoring tools (SolarWinds, etc.)
- Experience in network security technologies including firewalls, VRFs, and port-security/802.1x
- Familiarity with Cisco VoIP, including PoE switches and Call Manager
- Experience with NSA Type 1 cryptographic devices and keymat particularly KG-175D and KG-75
- Must be willing to work periodic shifted schedules include evening, night, and weekend
- Other related duties as assigned
Security Clearance: Top Secret
Telework - Not EligibleDiversity Statement
We are an EOE that values our employee's talent - regardless of gender, race, ethnicity, national origin, sexual orientation, religion or other protected characteristics - Your Talent Is Our Strength
. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and Veterans are encouraged to apply. Alion will provide a reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans who need assistance to apply. Please visit the Alion Careers site for more information. U.S. Citizenship Required for the majority of our positions.
HII's Mission Technologies division develops integrated solutions that enable today's connected, all - domain force. Capabilities include C5ISR systems and operations; the application of AI and machine learning to battlefield decisions; defensive and offensive cyberspace strategies and EW; unmanned, autonomous systems; LVC solutions; platform modernization; and critical nuclear operations. Together, HIIs domain expertise and advanced technologies support mission partners anywhere around the globe. For more information, visit tsd.huntingtoningalls.com.
HII's is a global engineering and defense technologies provider. With a 135 - year history of trusted partnerships in advancing U.S. national security, HII delivers critical capabilities ranging from the most powerful and survivable naval ships ever built, to unmanned systems, ISR and AI/ML analytics. HII leads the industry in mission - driven solutions that support and enable a networked, all-domain force. Headquartered in Virginia, HII's skilled workforce is 44,000 strong.