We have a wonderful opportunity with a Direct Client of mine. They are looking for a Network Administrator to help them immediately. Below is a brief description of their needs.
- Job Title : Network Administrator·
- Job Location : Bronx NY
- Full Time Permanent Role
- Great Benefit package
- Immediate need
The Client Group is looking to fill the position of Network Administrator, who under the direction of the VP of Business Technology will primarily be responsible for maintaining network hardware and software, overseeing and implementing disaster recovery plans, and monitoring and maintaining network stability. The Network Administrator must have a degree in Information Technology or a related field, additional industry certifications, and a minimum of 5 years of industry experience.
- Analyze network needs, contribute to design of network architecture, integration, and installation.
- Maintain and evaluate network hardware and software (eg: servers, peripherals, network nodes, terminals, wiring) for business needs and provide recommendations.
- Monitor and maintain network stability, collect and analyze network and memory utilization, and install and tests software upgrades.
- Work with consultants to ensure system platform provides sufficient computing resources for desired level of business performance.
- Perform regular backup of critical systems, and upon loss of functionality or at customer request, recover and/or restore the data or the system software to return to normal operation.
- Prepare and maintain documentation of network configurations and cabling layouts.
- Act as the expert database architecture consultant to customers and management for new system development or re-engineering of existing RDBMS, NoSql, XML based systems.
- Monitor and tune database subsystem software using operating system and vendor-supplied tools and utilities to ensure maximum system performance and availability and to promote an efficient use of computing resources.
- Plan, coordinate, maintain, and troubleshoot complex DBMS software on supported platforms, using customer schedules, vendor requirements, and organizational policies as guidelines.
- Review data for obsolesce and purging.
- Establish budgetary requirements for equipment replacement.
- Establish and control systems access and security.
- Provide support to and train users in local area network administration and usage.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Working in a busy office environment with frequent interruptions.
- Overtime hours as needed (nights, weekends, holidays).
- Bachelors/Master’s Degree in Information Technology or a related field
- Additional industry certifications ideal (CCNA, MCSE)
- Advanced knowledge of MS Exchange, Linux, Active Directory, Anti-spam, Anti-Virus, VPN, LAN/WAN, Disaster recovery, Network Topologies, Windows 2003/2007/2008, VMware, SAN.
- Experience configuring, installing, and troubleshooting centralized network infrastructures such as routers, hubs, switches, etc.
- Demonstrated experience translating conceptual design and object models into logical and physical data models.
- In depth knowledge of and experience with Oracle 9i, 10gR2, and 11g on Linux, including database performance analysis
- Excellent leadership and project management skill ideal.
- Client-oriented, strong communication, and presentation skills preferred.
- Organized and able to make decisions for a highly available production environment.
- Experience with Operational Support System (OSS) development a plus.
Visual Consultants, Inc
Phone: 612-594-8163 (D)
4900 Hwy 169 N #225, New Hope MN 5542