We have a wonderful opportunity with a Direct Client of mine. They are looking for a Network Administrator to help them immediately. Below is a brief description of their needs.
- Job Title : Systems Administrator·
- Job Location : Bronx NY
- Job Type : Full Time Permanent Role
- Benefits :Great Benefit package , Base Salary and Bonus ( competitive compensation and career advancement opportunities )
The client is looking to fill the position of Systems Administrator, who under the direction of the Chief Information Officer will primarily be responsible for maintaining network, server, and storage hardware and software. This role is also responsible for virtualization technologies including ESX clusters, overseeing and implementing disaster recovery plans, and monitoring and maintaining network, server, and storage stability. The Systems Administrator must have a degree in Information Technology or a related field, additional industry certifications, and a minimum of 7 years of industry experience
- Analyze network needs, contribute to design of network architecture, integration, and installation.
- Maintain and evaluate network, server, and storage hardware and software (eg: servers, peripherals, network nodes, terminals, wiring) for business needs and provide recommendations.
- Manage ESX virtualization clusters and servers ensuring stability and proper resource utilization.
- Monitor and support fiber and SAS storage solutions.
- Monitor and maintain network security, stability, collect and analyze network and memory utilization, and install and tests software upgrades.
- Manage Windows and Oracle Enterprise Linux servers ensuring availability and security.
- Perform regular backup of critical systems, and upon loss of functionality or at customer request, recover and/or restore the data or the system software to return to normal operation.
- Prepare and maintain documentation of network configurations and cabling layouts.
- Monitor and tune database subsystem software using operating system and vendor-supplied tools and utilities to ensure maximum system performance and availability and to promote an efficient use of computing resources.
- Act as point of escalation for end user support group.
- Plan, coordinate, maintain, and troubleshoot complex DBMS software on supported platforms, using customer schedules, vendor requirements, and organizational policies as guidelines.
- Review data for obsolesce and purging.
- Establish budgetary requirements for equipment replacement.
- Establish and control systems access and security.
- Provide support to and train users in technical systems administration and usage.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelors/Master’s Degree in Information Technology or a related field
- Additional industry certifications ideal (CCNA, MCSE)
- Advanced knowledge of O365, Linux, Active Directory, anti-spam, anti-virus, VPN, LAN/WAN, disaster recovery, Network Topologies, Windows 2003/2008/2012/2016, VMware, SAN.
- Experience configuring, installing, and troubleshooting centralized network infrastructures such as routers, hubs, switches, etc.
- Demonstrated experience translating conceptual design and object models into logical and physical data models.
- In depth knowledge of and experience with Oracle 9i, 10gR2, and 11g on Linux, including database performance analysis
- Excellent leadership and project management skill ideal.
- Client-oriented, strong communication, and presentation skills preferred.
- Organized and able to make decisions for a highly available production environment.
- Experience with Operational Support System (OSS) development a plus.
- Working in a busy office environment with frequent interruptions.
- Overtime hours as needed (nights, weekends, holidays).
- Organization - Creates or maintains processes to ensure all relevant information or tools are easily accessible.
- Judgement - Uses sound reasoning when faced with various issues. Makes quick, effective decisions.
- Attention to Detail - Attends to details and pursues quality in the accomplishment of tasks, regardless of the volume of duties encountered.
- Project Management - Accurately estimates duration and level of difficulty of tasks and projects. Sets out goals, objectives, and workplans to complete tasks and projects. Determines where work needs to be delegated.
- Communication - Expresses and transmits information with consistency and clarity.
- Leadership - Works well with a wide range of individuals to provide support, coaching, encouragement, and direction.
- Managing Performance - Identifies employee's strengths and weaknesses and provides long-term direction and support regarding areas of growth.
- Results Orientation - Focuses on desired outcomes, and how they are achieved by meeting and or exceeding standards based on past performance, goals, and objectives, as well as the performance and/or achievements of others.