Please note I have direct access to the Hiring Infrastructure Manager on this position.
Note: This is not a Windows Server Systems Administrator role.
This is an excellent opportunity for a Network Administrator to advance their careers through the research, design and ground up implementation of a SD-WAN, SD-LAN and ZPA.
An International, successful, extremely profitable and the largest global privately held medical software/hardware Company is looking for a Network Administrator. The company is privately held, has been in business for 65+ years, has $1+ Billion in revenue, has 5K+ employees, is extremely profitable and has never laid-off an employee.
Due to extreme product growth, this is a newly created role where the Network Administrator will:
- Develop a clear understanding of the current network environment and gain an understanding the business model and role
- Be solely responsible for administering, managing, expanding and troubleshooting a global 15 site network that is supporting company s cutting-edge mission critical web-based applications and products.
- Specifically, monitor network performance utilizing WhatsUp Gold and Cisco DNA, Firepower and ISE, triage and remediate all LAN and VLAN networking and connectivity issues related to Cisco 9000 and 4500 Catalyst Switches, Cisco and Fortinet VPN and Cisco ASA and Fortinet firewalls
- Participate in design and build out of new LAN and VLAN sites and expansion, upgrade and refresh of existing LAN s and VLAN s
- Lead Networking projects for the research, design and implementation of Zscaler Private Access (ZPA), SD-WAN and SD-LAN
- Travel 5%
The Network Administrator reports to the Infrastructure Manager
- Must have recent 3-5+ years of Network Administration and troubleshooting experience
- Network Performance Monitoring utilizing WhatsUp Gold or similar tool (Wireshark, SolarWinds, SCOM, MOM, SMS, Perfmon, HP Insight Manager and/or HP OpenView)
- Experience diagnosing and resolving LAN and VLAN connectivity issues between Cisco and Fortinet switches and firewalls.
- Experience diagnosing connectivity issues between devices using various protocols (TCP/IP, BGP, OSPF, EIGRP, MPLS, etc.)
- Any experience with the following is only a plus , NOT Mandatory: Cisco IOS, Cisco NX-OS, SD-LAN, Zscaler Private Access, Authentication 2.1, QoS, Cloud Networking, UCS or Certifications (CCNP, MCSE, CCNA, ITIL)
The company offers full benefits (PPO & HMO) including dental and vision, matching 401K, 3 weeks of vacation, 10 paid holidays, paid sick days, Short and Long-Term Disability, Life Insurance, Tuition reimbursement, casual dress and flexible work hours that all start upon employment.