The Network Administrator supports any end point device on the WAN or LAN of Supported client agencies while providing excellent documentation and customer service.
This is a position that requires the contractor to work on-site as needed.
Please note that any candidates submitted to this position have the ability to be hired by the end client after 6 months off contract work.
Anyone that was interviewed and rejected after interview in the last 3 months should not be considered/submitted.
This position requires a detail-oriented professional with a passion for public service in the Information Technology field. Responsible for a wide range of desktop and network applications, this includes their uses, how to maintain and manage them. Responsible for ensuring that the uptime, performance, resources and security of the computers they manage meet the needs of the end users. Must be able to provide excellent next level support for customers (both the client and other state agencies) and customers in compliance with client policy and procedures. Services provided will be primarily rendered through a combination of personal effort, joint effort with others in the workgroup and in collaboration with other client staff, vendors and customers. Requires excellent communication and problem solving skills.
The Network Administrator is expected to possess technical proficiency in support, configuration and reliable operation of Windows OS, MacOS, Android, IOS, Linux and at least one other core Technology Domain listed. A qualified candidate must have the aptitude and drive for learning the other Core Technology Domains.
The Core Technology Domains include the following:
• Installing, configuring, supporting and maintaining physical and some virtual Windows Servers
• Utilize management solutions such as KACE, SCCM, BigFix, and MDT to provision, deploy, update and troubleshoot end-user devices
• End user management solutions such as Active Directory, Desktop Authority, and Group Policy Management
• Internet Protocol (IP) and subnet management solutions such as Infoblox or Microsoft DHCP server
• Secure various end-user devices on a network such as mobile devices, laptops, desktop pcs and servers, on a network using security solutions such as McAfee EPO, CrowdStrike, and Microsoft Bitlocker Administration Management.
• Writing automation scripts in Powershell, Ansible, and/or SQL
The Network Administrator will report to a Service Support Administrator.