Details of the Role:
The team member will provide support to the Enterprise Data Management as a member of the Analytics team.
The Network Performance Analyst provides technical support to a team of Network Analysts. The Analyst will be responsible for collection, analysis, trending, proactive remediation measures to ensure continued operability and efficiency of the DISN.
• Develops preventative measures, alarms, and dashboard capabilities based on historical data trends and identified root causes and signatures
• Develop processing techniques to integrate large data sets and develop corresponding reports
• Trend network data and develop event correlation procedures to identify recurring issues
• Actively monitor, track, analyze, and report availability and reliability performance data and statistics on circuits and/or network elements that fails to meet defined service levels
• Perform examination of trouble tickets to identify positive and negative trends occurring in the network and develop courses of actions.
• Correlate large diverse data sets including tickets, alarms, probes, and other performance data to identify trends and relations.
• Performs fault isolation and degradation diagnostic/assessment functions to include route cause determination and suggestion of corrective action(s) on trending basis.
• Performs proactive monitoring of network elements metrics and alarms to identify those components /elements that may lead to or already are causing network degradation or failure, accomplishes this through use of network management system(s) and associated monitoring tools.
• Coordinate with other contractor and government entities to ensure optimum dissemination of information and network efficiency.
Education and Experience Required:
• Requires a Bachelor's degree and 2+ years of relevant experience. Specific experience, education and training may be considered in lieu of degree.
• Basic knowledge of IT networks, to include network appliances (e.g., routers, load balancers, domain name servers, firewalls)
• Basic technical understanding of network services and architecture
• Experience with Splunk, CA Performance Management, CA eHealth
• Experience with Cisco MSPP 15454/15310, Ciena Corestream and 6500, Sycamore ODXC 9k and 16k transport systems and IP (CISCO, JUNIPER, etc).
• Understanding of DISN network operations
• Knowledgeable on ports and protocols.
• Currently possesses an active DoD Secret Security Clearance with eligibility for a Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI)
• Currently possess DoD 8750 certification at IAT level II, Security+ CE or CCNA Security
• Strong written and verbal communications and collaboration skills
Additional Desired Qualifications
• Experience with Business Intelligence tools (Remedy, ServiceNow)
• Ability to innovate
• IPSEC configuration, troubleshooting, and design experience.