The Network Architect is responsible for the architecture design, planning, implementation, acquisition, installation, performance management, and problem resolution of the Local Area Network (LAN), Wide Area Network (WAN), and the surrounding network technologies. The Network Architect is also responsible for training the Network Engineers and takes a lead position in the selection of network solutions and in executing network projects.
NATURE AND SCOPE OF POSITION:
The Network Architect works with a minimal amount of supervision and direction and is authorized to take reasonable actions necessary to carry out the assigned responsibilities of the position, provided that such action is consistent with cost-effective practices and is consistent with policy and procedures.
The Network Architect has no direct supervisory responsibilities but will be expected to take the lead on assigned projects and may coordinate the work of others working on assigned projects.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Provides architectural direction and advanced technical/engineering expertise for the network (LAN/WAN) infrastructure.
2. Deploys, monitors, and supports network hardware/software within the network (LAN/WAN) infrastructure.
3. Gathers business requirements, recommends, plans, designs, and implements network infrastructure expansion, enhancements and upgrades.
4. Leads the effort in the investigation and resolution of network problems.
5. Determines and implements tools for network performance measurement and management.
6. Generates and reviews appropriate reports and performance statistics for capacity planning or trending analysis.
7. Acquires and maintains the appropriate level of hardware and software licenses.
8. Applies knowledge of emerging technology trends and develops alternatives with respect to network architecture, hardware, and software.
9. Participates in the selection of network security solutions and implementation.
10. Interfaces routinely with other IT team members as well as internal customers (other departments) and vendors to determine network infrastructure needs.
11. Leads network projects and trains the Network Engineers.
12. Follows established administrative, tracking, and best practice procedures.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Advanced expertise in LAN/WAN architecture design, management, and troubleshooting.
Advanced expertise with routers, switches, firewalls, load balancers, routing protocols, remote access and wireless systems. Strong hands-on experience on Cisco Nexus data center switches, Catalyst LAN switches, Integrated Services Routers, ASA Firewall, and Wireless LAN Controllers.
Design and deployment experience in MPLS, BGP, EIGRP, STP, Ether Channels, OTV, VPC, VDC, and Cisco ACI and SDWAN.
Expertise in network security hardening methodologies.
Expertise in network performance monitoring tools.
In-depth understanding and troubleshooting experience of Web-based applications, local and geographical load balancing, forward and reverse proxies.
Excellent understanding and hands-on experience of DNS, web load balancing, URL filtering, content filtering, IP addressing, IP address management, policy development and deployment.
Experience with various project delivery methodologies as related to network infrastructure.
Working knowledge of VoIP, SIP and various Contact Center technologies.
In-depth understanding of data and voice cabling structures.
Working knowledge of Microsoft Windows Server operating systems and Active Directory domain architecture.
Solid organization, prioritization, and time management skills.
Solid written and oral communication skills.
Ability to maintain excellent network documentation using Visio, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
Ability to perform highly detailed work on multiple, concurrent tasks.
Ability to work under intense deadlines and under pressure.
Ability to respond after-hours when contacted and to perform troubleshooting.
Must be able to support weekend / after-hours network deployments.
Education, Training and Experience:
Potential candidates for this position must meet the following requirements:
BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Systems or any related field is preferred
7+ years of experience in network architecture design, implementation, management, and troubleshooting.
CCIE or CCNP certification is a great plus.
Recruiter: Justin Parviainen
Phone: (800) 732-4680 x736