Job Title: Network Architect
Location: Sterling VA
Seeking an experienced Network Architect to join our team. Primary responsibilities in this role will include preforming project-based engineering, design, installation and troubleshooting of network and data center solutions as well as functioning as a technical lead on complex projects requiring teams of engineers. Candidate must hold a minimum Public Trust security clearance.
Daily Responsibilities Includes:
- LAN and WAN routing and switching design, configuration and deployment in small to very large and complex environments including data center architectures.
- You will provide network engineering consulting services, including: assessment, design and implementation of network and security products/solutions.
- Develop comprehensive graphical and text-based design documentation and effectively manage the implementation process from design to customer acceptance.
- You will assume technical leadership on complex projects.
- Troubleshoot issues as necessary.
- We seek a Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience and/or military experience
- Minimum of 7 - 10 years related experience providing project deliverables in Federal government environments.
- Hold an active CCIE certification or equivalent experience.
- Communicate effectively (verbally as well in written form).
- Excellent documentation experience with Microsoft Visio, Word and Excel.
- Ambitious and goal-oriented with the initiative to work until the job is completed.
- Ability to lead on multiple projects and prioritize tasks effectively.
- Strong knowledge and experience with design, implementation and support of the following:
- Complex routing and switching solutions (Catalyst 9Ks and Nexus is a must)
- Multi-protocol environments, with mutual redistribution of routing protocols
- Data Center / Core design, configuration and implementation with Cisco Nexus architecture
- Multicast, QoS, Load balancing
- Network Access Control, including Cisco Identity Services Engine (ISE) implementation design, configuration, and deployment
- Successful candidates will also possess experience and demonstrated expertise in at least one or more of the following areas:
- DNA Center, EPIC-EM, SD Access, and ACI is highly desired
- Cisco WLAN design, configuration, and troubleshooting for Enterprise is desired
- Design and hands-on experience with industry leading network security products
- Authentication solutions including 802.1X/RADIUS/TACACS
- Familiarity with additional core technologies will include:
- VDC, VPC, VXLAN, EVPN, OTV, L2/L3
- NetBrain, NMAP, SolarWinds, PRIME, SPLUNK