Position: Sr. Network Engineer / Architect
Location: Sunnyvale, California
Duration: Long term contract
Primary Function of Position:
This position has responsibility for the implementation, deployment, support and upgrade of production local area, wide area network, and Data Center infrastructure in Sunnyvale locations and other worldwide locations. This position will review, plan, and evaluate network systems, may troubleshoot networksystems and recommend improvements to the network. Data Center and remote office focus is a plus.
Roles and Responsibilities:
This position has responsibility and authority for:
- Network architecture design and continuing improvement, installation and software version control/revision on all network equipment.
- Install, configure and maintain Cisco networking hardware such as IOS, NXOS based Catalyst and Nexus Switches, Wireless Access Points, Cisco, Juniper routers, Cisco and Juniper Firewall, Cisco IPSec VPN and Juniper SSL VPN, Cisco FCoE, and Cisco and Palo Alto IDS/IPS etc. Ensure high availability, reliability, and optimal performance of network systems and services. Monitor performance and provide capacity analysis/planning and be able to be part of a 24x7x365 on call rotation.
- Evaluate new technologies and support decision-making process and long-term technical direction.
- Provide project and vendor management as needed.
Competency Requirements: (Competency is based on: education, training, skills and experience.) In order to adequately perform the responsibilities of this position the individual must:
- Experience and understanding of the following Data Center technologies is a must: Cisco Nexus data center architecture, Cisco FCoE, Cisco Fiber Interconnect Cisco ASA firewall and Firepower, and Cisco Routers with MPLS and private lines
- Hands on experience with layer 2 protocols like STP, VTP, and Cisco Nexus series. Routing protocols like OSPF, BGP and EIGRP, security protocols SSL and IPSec/NAT is required.
- Understanding and hands on experience with QoS, multicast, and NAC is a plus
- Hands on experience with Riverbed Steelhead and SteelFusion
- Experience with Cisco Call Manager, Contact Center and Unity Connection is a plus
- Minimum of 7 year hands on experience in network engineering is required.
- Strong ability to identify, determine and document customer requirements
- Solid written and verbal communication proficiencies, quick learning abilities and self-motivated team player.
- TCP/IP, MPLS
- STP, VTP, VSS, 802.1q trunking
- LAN Switching and WLAN (Cisco and Juniper)
- OSFP, BGP, EIGRP, QoS, NAC, and multicast
- Cisco VoIP (Call Manger, Contact Center, and Unity Connection)
- Cisco ASA Firewall
- Cisco Anyconnect VPN
- WAN Technologies (MPLS, Riverbed)
- Good communication and documentation skills
- B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent. Cisco CCNP or CCIE preferred.
DGN Technologies Inc